Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best Model 3 I have seen to date !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it was posted by someone here on this forum a while back (about a year ago) but I can't remember who. Sorry I can't give credit where it is due. My conclusion is that a smaller S would look pretty good !!

Model 3.JPG

Last edited:
I think it was posted by someone here on this forum a while back (about a year ago) but I can't remember who. Sorry I can't give credit where it is due. My conclusion is that a smaller S would look pretty good !!

The one thing that could make me get that one is if it's a convertible. Then I could take out the back-seats and call it a roadster ;)
If it's not, I will demand 4 *real* doors, and headroom for more then the groceries in the back :p

Very nice. Looks like it has rear doors like the Mazda RX-8. Which gives you a lot of interior flexibility re: cargo.
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/googlizard/2005%20Mazda%20RX8/IMG_0610.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/googlizard/2005%20Mazda%20RX8/IMG_0597.jpg

If this were one of the form factors on the platform, along with (at least) a CUV, I'd be very happy.

Very nice. Looks like it has rear doors like the Mazda RX-8. Which gives you a lot of interior flexibility re: cargo.

No, it looks like the rear doors of i3 :p I don't mind suicide doors (to much), but I do mind suicide half-doors :p But as compromise to get more door-space for a convertible it would be ok :)

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing is I really don't like the looks of the S very much. Especially the nose.

I like the design of the Model S, but agree that the nose is the least attractive part.

This car does not look like the Model 3 sedan. What it looks like is more a supersport car based on the Model S. "Model Z" that someone has named it. But as I said, if it is a convertible and I can get it for $35K, then ... ;)

Yeah... I really liked this image when I saw it last year... Then I noticed it has rear doors, and I've hated it ever since. It is to the Model S an approximation of what the Lexus SC was to the LS. I want something... more. I believe that one day Franz von Holzhausen will deliver just that -- with Falcon Wing Doors on a Coupé!

I kinda like it overall, but there's no way two adults (or maybe even two teenage kids) could fit comfortably in the back seats.

This design really does look like it was intended to be primarily a 2-seater, and it really looks, too, like it should be a convertible. Retractable stow-away hard top, anybody?

2 door car is not a high volume car.

Neither is 2 + 2 suicide doors car.

Tesla will attempt the convertibles and other variants sometime in the middle of next decade once 3 is firmly established - and Tesla has figured out how to handle the logistics of a high volume car and rolled out 10x the number of super chargers it has now.

2 door car is not a high volume car.

Neither is 2 + 2 suicide doors car.

Tesla will attempt the convertibles and other variants sometime in the middle of next decade once 3 is firmly established - and Tesla has figured out how to handle the logistics of a high volume car and rolled out 10x the number of super chargers it has now.

I totally agree that the sedan will probably come first. But I do point out that Tesla already has a sedan to sell so we all might be fooled by a coupe right off the bat with the sedan. High hopes I know but I still have them.

I like the aesthetics of a coupe, but I think there is zero chance they will go that way. The point is not to build a niche car, certainly not first. They need to get 100's of thousands of butts in seats to get this car and the company profitable, and the mission of the company complete. A sedan and a CUV is the way to do that (perhaps followed by a small/medium pickup).

Earlier I found this Picture that I found on the Internet:

model 3.jpg

If the Model 3 would look like this, I would surely buy one!

Later somebody reacted that this should be the source for the picture:

http://www.auto-moto.com/nouveautes...-com-shunte-la-prise-de-vue-26074.html#item=2

Again... I really really hope the design of the actual model 3 will be similar!

One P70D with "Turbo Boost" for me please :biggrin: by adding a "capacitor" (if that is the right English translation) so even more KW can flow for a few seconds :biggrin: