Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stagger or no Stagger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick up my S85D tomorrow with the standard 19's. I had originally ordered the 21's but figured for $4500 I can get a nice set of 20's cheaper. I ordered a set of staggered 20x9, 20x10.5 +35 Forgestar F14s. As it was mentioned earlier.. I just love how the car sits with the staggered set up. Definitely a trade-off with the inability to rotate. Getting them in mid-July so will post some pics after they are installed.

I pick up my S85D tomorrow with the standard 19's. I had originally ordered the 21's but figured for $4500 I can get a nice set of 20's cheaper. I ordered a set of staggered 20x9, 20x10.5 +35 Forgestar F14s. As it was mentioned earlier.. I just love how the car sits with the staggered set up. Definitely a trade-off with the inability to rotate. Getting them in mid-July so will post some pics after they are installed.

im in almost the exact same boat....im most likely ordering 20x9, 20x10 staggered ADV10 MV2s tomorrow, which wont arrive until august. ditto on the not spending of $4500 on tesla wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

I have 21 OEM staggered wheels. I would replace with 20" staggered wheels if I could find turbine wheels similar to my grey 21" wheels.

just curious, whats the reason to go from 21 stagger to 20 stagger?

im in almost the exact same boat....im most likely ordering 20x9, 20x10 staggered ADV10 MV2s tomorrow, which wont arrive until august. ditto on the not spending of $4500 on tesla wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

just curious, whats the reason to go from 21 stagger to 20 stagger?

I can buy 20 in 265 Michelin Pilot Super Sport rear tires. With 21 in wheels, I have 245's on the rear. I much prefer the Pilot Super Sport to the Pilot Sport 2.

would you guys rather have 21's and NO STAGGER (245/35/21 on all 4) or 20's with stagger (245/35/20 and 275/35/20)?
You won't have the same profile on 20 in vs 21. If you have 20 in wheels you will have a little more sidewall. I prefer staggered and would prefer 20 in wheels with a little more sidewall. 20 in wheels are a great compromise between the 19 in wheels and the 21 in wheels. Unfortunately I can't find staggered 20 in turbine wheels.

In other threads on this topic, rotating the tires left to right on the rear was mentioned as being doable and safe despite the usual stated rule not to. Note I mean keeping direction of rotation the same (though that too was discussed) which means remounting the tires, not just swapping the wheels with tires from one side to the other.

I was intrigued, but don't feel like I have enough information to form a basis for whether this is really safe and worth doing. If it is, could help mitigate some of the drawbacks of a staggered configure.