Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coming to Boston! (Dorchester to be precise)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nagerseth

Tesla Enthusiast/Owner
Jul 18, 2014
Raleigh, NC
What's up peoples? I'm driving up to Boston tomorrow from Washington, DC, and I'll be there all weekend. Anyone got a HPWC, or a LVL2 connection at their house, or know of one near Dorchester I can top off at after I get in? It's my best friends wedding this weekend, and we're Indian, so he wants to use my car for the bharaat (wedding procession).

Thanks!

Range charge at the Auburn, MA Supercharge station. Dorcester is only 50 miles (100 miles round trip) so you should have plenty to play around during the weekend.

Ditto with this advice.
Charge at 120V when you can (bring an extension cord).
Also the Natick Mall store has HPWC's and is closer to Boston than Auburn for your return trip.

And have fun @ the wedding!

Watertown is really small and very crowded. I'd suggest Natick if possible.
True. Natick is ~25mi to Dorchester, while Watertown is ~12 mi. I was focusing more on getting to Dorchester with the max possible charge, rather than the practicality of it.

Natick has 2 HPWC's and 5 or 6 14-50's. Good place for a topoff.

What's up peoples? I'm driving up to Boston tomorrow from Washington, DC, and I'll be there all weekend. Anyone got a HPWC, or a LVL2 connection at their house, or know of one near Dorchester I can top off at after I get in? It's my best friends wedding this weekend, and we're Indian, so he wants to use my car for the bharaat (wedding procession).

Thanks!
Probably doesn't help you, but you are welcome to use our garaged 220V/20A in Somerville, MA for a long block of time if you need. PM me for deets if you need it.

Pretty close actually. I ended up doing a lot more driving than I initially thought, and just trickle charged at my friends places. Then went to the MBTA station, and plugged in over there for an hour as I was leaving, then had to go back into the city, parked at the Whole Foods in Jamaica Hills for a few hours, left my card so if they needed me to move it I could.

Then made it to Auburn when I was leaving, so I topped off, and continued the drive back.

DoctorAC was nice enough to offer me to use his charger which I was planning on doing, until I got a little crazy on Friday night, and broke my phone in half. Sometimes partying hard is just as important as charging your car :)

Pretty close actually. I ended up doing a lot more driving than I initially thought, and just trickle charged at my friends places. Then went to the MBTA station, and plugged in over there for an hour as I was leaving, then had to go back into the city, parked at the Whole Foods in Jamaica Hills for a few hours, left my card so if they needed me to move it I could.

Then made it to Auburn when I was leaving, so I topped off, and continued the drive back.

DoctorAC was nice enough to offer me to use his charger which I was planning on doing, until I got a little crazy on Friday night, and broke my phone in half. Sometimes partying hard is just as important as charging your car :)

Ouch. When you come back Dedham should be up and running so it will be a no-brainer.