Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Behind the competition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I first purchased my Model S in October and took delivery in December. I was overly anxious to get behind the wheel and was off, but recently I found myself researching other car technology and have found that the Model S is behind the curve. I wanted to created a forum so that other customers can list advanced technology that other luxury provide its vehicles. Such as lane assist system

acura 2015 Acura TLX Driving by Itself - LKAS Test Drive Review - YouTube
tesla is supposed to release this technology at the end of the month to pre-selected individuals.

Please add add anything you believe that help benefits tesla customers to ensuring we demand the best technology in the most advance EV ever built.

Thanks for your input.

I first purchased my Model S in October and took delivery in December. I was overly anxious to get behind the wheel and was off, but recently I found myself researching other car technology and have found that the Model S is behind the curve. I wanted to created a forum so that other customers can list advanced technology that other luxury provide its vehicles. Such as lane assist system

tesla is supposed to release this technology at the end of the month to pre-selected individuals.

Please add add anything you believe that help benefits tesla customers to ensuring we demand the best technology in the most advance EV ever built.

Thanks for your input.

Yeah they may be a little late in getting it out but overall the MS seems much more advanced in the big picture - the battery/drivetrain is well beyond the engine in TLX, the interfaces, etc. The driving by itself part isn't something that I think people use more that 10% of the time in most areas.
-T

Yeah they may be a little late in getting it out but overall the MS seems much more advanced in the big picture - the battery/drivetrain is well beyond the engine in TLX, the interfaces, etc. The driving by itself part isn't something that I think people use more that 10% of the time in most areas.
-T

In other words, all kinds of fancy icing will not disguise/improve a poorly baked cake. But TM has baked a great cake, so any kind or amount of icing can be asked for and added with the caveat: are you willing to pay for more icing?

In other words, all kinds of fancy icing will not disguise/improve a poorly baked cake. But TM has baked a great cake, so any kind or amount of icing can be asked for and added with the caveat: are you willing to pay for more icing?

Nice analogy.

The Germans (and the Japanese) are stuck making the same ordinary cake they've made for years, but they've built some really amazing icing on top of it.

Tesla make the best cake in the world, but the icing is pretty ordinary.

Ultimately, different people value different things in their cake, but I bet it's easier for Tesla to improve the icing over time than it is for the others to completely change the cake recipe.

Nice analogy.

The Germans (and the Japanese) are stuck making the same ordinary cake they've made for years, but they've built some really amazing icing on top of it.

Tesla make the best cake in the world, but the icing is pretty ordinary.

Ultimately, different people value different things in their cake, but I bet it's easier for Tesla to improve the icing over time than it is for the others to completely change the cake recipe.

Well said :love:

Great comments by all. I know Tesla makes the best car on earth but I'm a proud owner who is probably impatient to see more upgrades other than auto pilot features. I want total comfort and rumor has it they're discontinuing the executive seats due to not selling well.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note did tesla release some of the auto steering to its beta Group?

Great comments by all. I know Tesla makes the best car on earth but I'm a proud owner who is probably impatient to see more upgrades other than auto pilot features. I want total comfort and rumor has it they're discontinuing the executive seats due to not selling well.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note did tesla release some of the auto steering to its beta Group?

I agree and love my MS! But, we could say Tesla makes the best battery electrical vehicle on earth! ;-) They still need to work on fit and finish for sure, overall quality, etc.

But you would have to drive an Acura!! Yuck!! :crying:

Thanks for your input.