Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla needed for Juneau, Alaska 4th of July parade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Northwest Members,

Juneau, AK needs your help.

Juneau is the perfect place for EV's. Limited amounts of roads mean no range anxiety. As a result we have a ton of Leafs zipping around the town. But no one owns a Tesla in town. For the last two years we have had a exhibit in the annual July 4th parade. This year we are trying to find someone willing to bring a Tesla to the event. One of our corporate sponsors is willing to pay to have a Tesla (any Tesla in near showroom condition) shipped on the Alaska Marine Highway. The AMH departs Bellingham, Washington every week. (Of course...the owner is also welcome and encourages to accompany his/her vehicle) If you are interested please respond or forward this post to someone you know who might like to visit beautiful Southeast Alaska. More details will be quickly forthcoming.

We really need your help.

Thanks

PM Sent. If you haven't Private Messaging privileges because you're new to the forum, respond here and I'll get in touch.

Last edited:
I love Juneau also, and think it would be fun, but can't do it for a bunch of reasons.

However, I believe there is a Model S in Ketchikan-- at least there was a year or so ago, because I saw it driving around when I was there. You might check into whoever that is. That would be a much shorter ferry trip.

I'm guessing, but I believe spoke with the OP about a year ago. AudubonB, I'm sending you a PM with contact info. OP, I hope you don't mind (assuming it's you). He was a really nice guy so I hope my guess is correct.

Too bad I don't have time; it does indeed sound like a great adventure. And the OP is not the only person from Juneau that has been really interested in increasing the EV presence up there. I would indeed like to visit.

I think your timing is off probably. This seems like something that needs to be coordinated 3 months in advance. Right now, you can't even get a cabin for the trips so sleeping on the ferry's couch for 3 days or inside the MS is probably not so fun.

The ferry system looks neat. This looks like a very cool adventure and I would have loved to take a West Coast road trip up to the Pacific Northwest, then do a 3-day ferry ride to Alaska. That sounds like such a great experience.

- K

Update

I talked at length several times today with the OP, and neither with the AK Ferry System nor with Alaska Marine Lines shipping the Model S could we make it work, and that included pulling in chits at the Governor's office. Too bad for all concerned!

Thank you to the two forum members - ChadS and another - who separately gave me the correct contact info.