Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hot Nite in the City, Kamloops, August 8th 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While it started as a classic car and street rod show, Hot Nite in the City has become much more than that. The downtown core is shut down and made pedestrian-friendly, with six blocks and some connected avenues filled with cars of all sorts. There was a Tesla from Vancouver on display last year (not sure who it was!).

I'm wondering if anyone would like to participate at this years event? I've entered my Alfa in the past, but with a little luck it will be sold before the show this year (so I can park the Tesla inside...), therefore I'm seriously considering entering the MS instead.

Any interest in parking a group together for the day? Or doing the Poker Run on Friday the 7th?

Link here: http://www.hotniteinthecity.com/

Last year I was on the side street with BC Sustainable Energy Association with a few other EVs on Display. I had many comments it was their favorite car in the show (it wasn't even officially in it). I think it would be awesome for one to be in the actual show.

In any case, I haven't been invited or decided to participate again this year yet. I was expected to bring the X. Will certainly be looking at next year with the X if I'm not off somewhere touring or camping already.

We'll be through Kamloops next week. We're planning a long trip from our home in Northern California to visit daughter in Seattle then up to Canada and across to Banff. We'll definitely stop at the Kamloops Supercharger (and probably there or Revelstoke) for an overnight stay. After Banff, we'll head South to Glacier, Yellowstone and the Tetons before looping back home across I-80 through Nevada.
The section from Banff (Canmore or Golden) South doesn't have Superchargers but Fernie looks like a good place to stop on the way.
Sorry we will miss the Hot Nite event.

Obviously, I'm not in the Marketing field... :redface:

Ribfest is on the same weekend, a matter of a couple of blocks away in Riverside Park: http://www.kamloopsribfest.com/index.html

Ribfest always brings in entertainment, with the best acts saved for the evening: http://www.kamloopsribfest.com/lineup.html Pat Benetar, Heart, Tom Petty, Bob Marley tribute bands... should be very good. And in case it isn't obvious... the ribs are FANTASTIC!! Bring your own wet wipes... :rolleyes:

Also worth noting, if you're coming through town before or after... Music in the Park happens EVERY night through the summer in Riverside Park: http://www.kamloops.ca/events/pdfs/15-06-mitp.pdf Always a good venue, bring a blanket or lawn chairs and relax on the grass.

Finally, Sun Peaks is only 45 minutes away and always has great events throughout the summer: http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/events-and-festivals/featured-events I suspect the Alpine Flower Festival will be early this year, thanks to the warm spring, so it might be worth considering a trip up the lifts earlier than they show on their events calendar. The Retro Weekend is one we book a room for in advance... good acts!

Plenty of reasons to head to Kamloops this summer!

Last year I was on the side street with BC Sustainable Energy Association with a few other EVs on Display. I had many comments it was their favorite car in the show (it wasn't even officially in it). I think it would be awesome for one to be in the actual show.
We talked then, Paul, and I have a photo somewhere to prove it! I'd like to say you were the entire reason I purchased, but - heh... - that wouldn't be entirely true... :cool: However, in all honesty, you were the reason I started digging deeper... once I realized there was more to EV's than the Leafs I'd seen running around Maui! ;-)

If you decide to come up this year and participate, let me know... I've found in the past that if you can arrange to get your group to the marshaling area together, it's much easier to get parked together.

We talked then, Paul, and I have a photo somewhere to prove it! I'd like to say you were the entire reason I purchased, but - heh... - that wouldn't be entirely true... :cool: However, in all honesty, you were the reason I started digging deeper... once I realized there was more to EV's than the Leafs I'd seen running around Maui! ;-)

If you decide to come up this year and participate, let me know... I've found in the past that if you can arrange to get your group to the marshaling area together, it's much easier to get parked together.
Ah! I was wondering if that was you. Awesome! :) I'm glad you dug well & took the plunge into bliss kind Sir! :)

Time to give this thread a bump...

Registrations are still being accepted for the Hot Nite car show! At this point there are two Teslas confirmed for the show, with another looking 90% likely.

The PluginBC people are going to provide some assistance via their Emotive program, with EV information packages, tee-shirts etc.

The biggest problem we had with registration was deciding what category was most appropriate. It was tempting to check off 'Muscle Car - Modern American', but since neither of us have a P, we went with 'Special Interest'.... :rolleyes:

Anyone else? It's a quick jaunt from the coast and a scenic day drive from Calgary and beyond! Last year apparently saw 400 cars on display and 40,000 spectators... It's a big show, and RibFest is just the icing on the cake.

If others are interested, let's connect in advance so that we can be sure to park as a group.

Event on Tomorrow (Saturday)!

Hot Nite show is tomorrow, all day, downtown. Easy walking distance to Riverside Park, where Ribfest will be in full swing, tribute bands on the stage... plenty happening and no admission charge for any of it!

Anyone coming through town, please stop by and say hi to the three of us with red Teslas parked in a row!

Weather is looking to be ideal - sunny and warm but not as stinkin' hot as it has been.