Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues charging 85D at Eaton charging station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

I just got my Model S a few days ago and I tried to charge with the Eaton stations we have at work. I took the plug from the station, attached my SAE J1772 adapter, and plugged it into the car. The car initially blinked green and everything seemed OK, but very shortly afterward, the red "fault" light on the station lit up and the car told me to check the power source. I tried multiple stations and even dropping the amps down to 30 on the in car screen. Does anybody have any idea what could be going on here? Below are some pictures of the station in question (that are upside down for some reason).

Thanks for the help!

IMG_2262.JPG
IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG

Are you sure you connected everything securely? I only ask because less than a week with the car, I tried charging at a local station with the J1772. I plugged in the car, it turned green, and almost instantly turned orange? (maybe red?). I took everything out, re-secured the connections, made sure everything is snug and everything worked.