Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TORONTO to KINGSTON super charger in my 70D... will a 70D make it there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not! I made it plenty of times with my S60. If your trip planner tells you you will have more than 7% at the destination, you should be fine. Otherwise, slow down a bit. Sometimes I drive at 120km/h if the weather is really nice.

So if go 110km/hr with AIR conditioning "ON" i should be OKAY right??

thanks for the prompt replies. Really appreciate it.
I'm getting my 70D next tuesday. I can't wait!!!

The AC uses A LOT LESS power than heating, don't bother turning it off, the heater in the other hand, in difficult situation could make a huge difference. Same applies to the seats heater, even with 0 km left, their power is minimal, keep them on (when its cold...)

Congrats on the new car, you wont regret it!

Last edited:
thanks for the replies.

Btw, my destination is MONTREAL...but why is the MONTREAL super charger only have 2 charging stations, whereas most have 6 or 8???

Some kind of issue with total power they could draw. Maybe in the future they will take out the hpwcs and add more SCs. I was there this past Sunday late morning and I was the only one there. In my 60 I can go from 20km north of Kingston to Lawrence at 110, and still make it with 30km to spare on a nice day. It's a 250km trip for me with AC on. If its less than 5C out I can't make it, and always top up at the BW in Cobourg. I am REALLY counting on Tesla following through with a Cobourg SC before winter. The Cornwall SC worked beautifully for my Montreal trip last weekend. Congrats on the 70D, great car.

Stop for a meal at The Best Western in Cobourg...nice folks, good food, and a Sun Country 80 amp 208v charge station...

There was some chatter on Plugshare that this is now for hotel guests only, but I suppose a meal in the restaurant would qualify. I've been turned away from at least one station that was marked as "public" so what I do now, if there's any doubt, is call ahead and make sure.

There was some chatter on Plugshare that this is now for hotel guests only, but I suppose a meal in the restaurant would qualify. I've been turned away from at least one station that was marked as "public" so what I do now, if there's any doubt, is call ahead and make sure.

During the day I've never seen anyone else charging....I plug right in and let the waitress know when I sit down (there is a sign now that says hotel guests only)....the restaurant is usually empty during the day. Good food, chef's signature burger is amazing, but i heard a new menu is coming soon.

I did it with a full car, at -12C, and had about 100km to spare in an 85. But I had it on cruise at 100km/h all the way, and at times slower because of the traffic in the right lane. So, I'm betting you could do it in a 70D, but only if you drive the speed limit or slower...

But not in a worst case scenario - I barely made it back to Toronto from Woodstock this past March in a snow/freezing rain storm. I had to keep the front defrosters on high most of the time to keep the windshield from icing over and that sapped a lot of the battery.