Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

auto tilt mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to get the mirrors to auto tilt downward when you go in reverse? We couldn't get it to work at delivery so we skipped it and of course never went back to it. I was later told I would have to make sure the auto tilt is on and then place car in reverse, move mirrors down manually then go back into Park to set it up. Nothing seems to work and I've emailed the service manager (he said he responds faster to email) but I've not heard anything yet however it's still early. Anyone have any issues getting this to work?

there is a setting for it.Look on the center display settings.

Does anyone know how to get the mirrors to auto tilt downward when you go in reverse? We couldn't get it to work at delivery so we skipped it and of course never went back to it. I was later told I would have to make sure the auto tilt is on and then place car in reverse, move mirrors down manually then go back into Park to set it up. Nothing seems to work and I've emailed the service manager (he said he responds faster to email) but I've not heard anything yet however it's still early. Anyone have any issues getting this to work?

I've seen similar behavior from mirrors in the past. I had a standard 85 service loaner a few months ago that absolutely refused to auto-tilt the mirrors, no matter what I did. I rebooted, tilted them manually, turned the setting off and on, to no avail. Nothing worked.

it have always worked well for me, and I
m on my sec tesla.
i belive the side mirrors setting are stored in your driver profile.
try this
1. adjust mirros while car is in D to the normal posistion
2 put car in reverse
3. adjust mirrors while in reverse
4. switch car back in D
5. adjust your seat posision a litle and confirm saving your driver profile.

now try go into R and see if mirrors adjust to the same spot as in step 3..

Ok I finally got it to work. For some reason when I put car in R and adjusted the mirrors, the save option never showed up but it finally did. I saved and once I put car in D, it moved back. It just took a bunch of times following the steps closely.