Page 3 of 174 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: More anti-ev gibberish

The question that I always ask myself: "Do EV-haters really think we have unlimited oil and keep running our cars on it for ever?"

I've only seen EV-haters say that their diesel/gasoline car is cheaper, cleaner, etc, etc, but what when we run out of oil? That is something they never talk about, do they?

That might be a interesting question to ask.

He also doesn't recognize the benefits of moving the tailpipe (local smog, easier control, etc.) Every article he writes is trying to move people away from plug-ins. And I notice all anti-plug-in people assume people who support it are not aware that powerplants have emissions.
    Indeed, we get cleaner city's and we only have to 'replace' (It sounds easy...) the source of the electricity rather than replacing 1.000.000.000 cars.

Some just think there is an unlimited supply of oil. And some also don't believe that burning oil or gasoline has any effect on the environmental.
    They may concede that smog in a city like LA comes from cars but that burning coal will make the same result.

I've been battling with Mr Peterson on Seeking Alpha for a few months now, ever since I've discovered his nonsense, it's become part of my morning ritual. He is a master of FUD, his favorite technique is to make points by linking to his own articles and using half "facts" to back his claims. He is a lawyer after all, truth is less important than winning the case. The only reason I bother is because he is widely read and often quoted by other sources, somehow he developed the air of credibility. He's tried to have me banned from SA but so far has failed, probably because I've done nothing wrong other than show him up for the fraud he is. He claims to write articles about investing but all he really does is constantly bash EV's using the same weak arguments over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by dpeilow View Post
    To be fair, comments should be sent to magazineeditor@which.co.uk too.

My Mercedes G55 holds 21 gallons (800kWh) and has a 200 mile range. My Tesla Roadster 2.5 holds 56kWh and has a 200 mile range. 15 Tesla Roadsters could travel 200 mikes each using the exact same carbon footprint as my Mercedes. The efficiency of EVs is what makes them so magic. This author is completely out of his mind.

What's quite encouraging is that a very large amount of pro-EV commenters have turned up on the register forum this time, and they seem to be getting the long tailpipe thing. Sure there are Clarksonites, but in nowhere near the numbers of before. Progress, maybe.

What's the breakdown of the UK grid? I know the US is 45% coal as of 2010.

If anyone needs ammo for the "emissions from battery manufacturing" argument:
    http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...f-te083010.php

Thread Information