Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Thread Table Topics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
As most of you know, for lunch during TMC Connect we have several tables that are designated for specific discussion topics. You then sit at the table (first come first served) for the topic you'd like to discuss over lunch.

Please suggest what discussion topics you'd like available this year.

Here's last year's list: 2014 Thread Table Topics
It's ok to have repeats.

Table Topics TMC Connect 2015

Here are the table topics for 2015. We have facilitators for some tables and would welcome volunteers to take other tables; just add your name!

1. Applications for the Model S/X: desktop and Apple Watch - jpasqua
  2. Driving on Sunshine: integrating solar and charging - FlatSix911
  3. Home solar and storage - RolosRevenge
  4. Tesla Roadster: upgrades and Roadster 3 - curt
  5. Investing in Tesla: the long view
  6. Off the Supercharger Highway: tips for roadtrips in the wild - AEdennis
  7. Building out the charging infrastructure: condos and public chargers - FlasherZ
  8. Environmental policy: think global, act local
  9. Legislative agenda: dealerships, EV credits/charges, and more - dsm363
  10. Favorite Model S accessories & mods - artsci
  11. SpaceX: the Falcon and on to Mars - rabar10

Last edited by a moderator:
From your choices either Multi-unit dwelling chargers or Tesla energy would be my choices.
I'd suggest that the combination of 4G, Waze and Tesla navigation, internet access might make a good table. Probably too much for a lunch but...

If only I could be there -

I would try to organize a vacation-centered Tesla-swap/house+Tesla-swap thinkfest. Just today on the forum, for example, this idea came out again (and I'm very guilty of abetting that conversation). The idea has appeared numerous times in various locations throughout the history of TMC; perhaps an open-air event would be a more appropriate way to explore its potential.

I really wish we could stay South for long enough to attend TMC Connect, but the tattered remnants of our short tourist season beckon....

Last year we had a topic on charging and electrical infrastructure. I don't know if anyone is interested or not, but even if it's not formally identified as one I'm happy to chat about individual situations with people.

If anyone plans to sit at one of these three lunch topic tables, please reply:
- Investing in Tesla: the long view
- Off the Supercharger Highway: tips for roadtrips in the wild
- Environmental policy: think global, act local

We still need facilitators for these tables, which is a fancy way of saying "at least one person will be at that table to kick-start the conversation". That's really all it takes. If no takers, then these topic tables may be dropped.

If anyone plans to sit at one of these three lunch topic tables, please reply:
- Investing in Tesla: the long view
- Off the Supercharger Highway: tips for roadtrips in the wild
- Environmental policy: think global, act local

We still need facilitators for these tables, which is a fancy way of saying "at least one person will be at that table to kick-start the conversation". That's really all it takes. If no takers, then these topic tables may be dropped.

I'd be interested in the last two, but more to learn from experts than run it... Don't think I know enough to be the "lead".

I'd be interested in the last two, but more to learn from experts than run it... Don't think I know enough to be the "lead".
Can I put your name down for the road trips in the wild one? Judging by your Roadster pic, you're off the Supercharger highway 100% of the time, so any road-trip techniques you know/use would be worth talking about :smile: