Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S invasion at Berlin Electromobility Conference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hobbes

Feb 11, 2013
Germany
This is a screenshot of tonight´s news magazine tagesthemen on German TV:

Screen shot 2015-06-15 at 10.53.12 PM.png

Looks like all EVs in Germany are Teslas :). People from the German forum organized a big meeting there to show that electromobility is a reality already,
really successfull obviously! The conference was organized by the German government. Report ended with "Germany wants to become market leader, however, most
of the fancy cars today Berlin came from California."

Last edited:
This is a screenshot of tonight´s news magazine tagesthemen on German TV:

View attachment 84174

Looks like all EVs in Germany are Teslas :). People from the German forum organized a big meeting there to show that electromobility is a reality already,
really successfull obviously! The conference was organized by the German government. Report ended with "Germany wants to become market leader, however, most
of the fancy cars today Berlin came from California."

The license plate (Kennzeichen) of the red car identifies it as registered in Minden, state of NorthRhine-Westphalia. He paid extra for the custom letters "EV".

The forum really did a great job, got 103 Teslas together, even from Norway and Austria! Tesla only helped with a BBQ and charging at the SC. The 3min report on one of the two most important national TV channels was in the half time break of a women´s soccer world championship game, doesn´t get much better... Here is a link to the video (starting at 2:50 or click on "Eine Million Elektroautos bis 2020" - not sure if it works outside Germany though). Lots of more pictures in the forum thread.

My favorite as far as license plates go (Germany is pretty unflexible there...):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434402225.139298.jpg

(by tff member JeanSho, posted here)

The blue A tells you it isn't German - that would have a D for Deutchland. I think A is for Austria, although they actually spell it with an O.

Not to play hobbles' advocate, but I believe he was referring to German license plates not being flexible as opposed to Austrian (as shown in the photo) - meaning you couldn't get so nice (pun intended) license plate in Germany. If anyone would know that D stands for Germany, and A for Austria, that would be him (based on his location though) :)

Not to play hobbles' advocate, but I believe he was referring to German license plates not being flexible as opposed to Austrian (as shown in the photo) - meaning you couldn't get so nice (pun intended) license plate in Germany. If anyone would know that D stands for Germany, and A for Austria, that would be him (based on his location though) :)

Yeah, you got it right, THX.

If there is something to misunderstand in a post, *someone will* misunderstand it (yet another example of Murphy´s law) :).