Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Planned Route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sublimaze1

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins
Sep 6, 2012
Basin City, TX
(forgiveness if this has been asked before)

I can easily plan a route ... while inside my S, but cannot seem to find a place while sitting at my desk to do the same.

Sure I can use google maps, etc. ... but is there an easy solution that takes care of knowing

a) where the SC are
b) stops for charging(s) added to total time

???

WJ

I can easily plan a route ... while inside my S, but cannot seem to find a place while sitting at my desk to do the same.

Sure I can use google maps, etc. ... but is there an easy solution that takes care of knowing

a) where the SC are

???

WJ
Would love to see trip planning in phone ap

Since I am a computer boob, I prepare a spreadsheet using EVTripplanner with the data I wish to capture and then print it out and carry it with me. I use a pencil(!) to record my actual results to compare with the estimates. Alas, there is no way to estimate additional charging time. But I generally use a rule of thumb (if the battery state of charge is < 25%) that 30 minutes charging will add about 120-130 miles of range if you are receiving 115-118kWh from the git-go.

I drive at the speed limit or slightly beneath the speed limit, so your style may very well be different. I have found after 4 road trips in the past year that 500 miles on the interstate takes about 10 hours total time, including charging stops and finding the SC. This assumes that your personal needs like eating and restroom usage are simultaneous with charging.

a) where the SC are

???

WJ

a) Superchargers can help at a very high level. Use the "circles" to see what SCs you can skip.