Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What has worked the best for paint protection given our harsh conditions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After months of dithering, we just put our deposit down on an inventory 85D that will be arriving in 2 weeks. We know we want to protect it from the get-go. There's so much competing information out there. Any words of wisdom from those who've used the different products and processes out there would be much appreciated!!

I got a full body wrap of Xpel Ultimate about a week after I got my Model S and it has held up extremely well. That was almost 2 years and 69,000 miles ago and the car still looks great. Negatives are cost (I paid $4k), finding an installer with experience working with Model S (I drove down to St. Louis), and only hand washing the car (which is not so fun in the winter). Xpel warns against washing with high pressure water so I have not taken it to an automatic car wash. It may be OK, but I haven't been willing to risk it.

I have not used other products so I cannot provide comparative advice. I am sure there is a thread here somewhere.

Congrats on placing you order. No doubt you will absolutely love it.

2 years 48K miles with full coverage Suntek. There are a couple of places where the film has been penetrated, but you have to look hard to see them. One was from a wing mirror being thrown up by the vehicle going in the other direction. damage is less than 1x4 mm. I'm pleased with the results, and I doubt if any film would do better.