Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 2.5 Manual PDF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your sig line says "2.5 Roadster #501"
Does that mean you know that they have made 501 Roadster 2.5s now?

Car/VIN#501 would have been the very first 2010 model, well before the 2.5s...

On MY TESLA page, it says my car is "Roadster 2.5 #0476" -- Status | Your Roadster is in the Body Assembly factory. The car was ordered in October, expecting it to arrive mid to late January. I guess #501 is in a production slot just a bit after mine....

Reactions: AtAge19
Bingo! benji4, wanna switch production slots? ;)

The 2.5 was available aprox. Jul'10. #501 should arrive around late Feb (8 Months after Jul'10), so that means around 15-16 cars per week output at the factory. That could also mean, that they could build another 600-640 Roadsters until production will be stopped.

OK thanks. I didn't realize that the "owners to be" / "MYTESLA" page shows a "relative" production number.
It seems in the past people would quote their (absolute) VIN#, but it seems Tesla wants to talk of the production numbers a different way now.

Your sig line says "2.5 Roadster #501"
Does that mean you know that they have made 501 Roadster 2.5s now?

Car/VIN#501 would have been the very first 2010 model, well before the 2.5s...
No, it means they will have made 501 EU spec cars. You forgot that EU cars have their own VIN sequence, separate from US cars. (EU VIN 1 was a 2010 Sport)
I'm not yet sure about Japan VINs. Those first cars delivered seemed to be modified US cars.

Last edited:
Okay, now I finally get it, had really been wondering about this -- my "Roadster 2.5 #0476" is actually an EU spec car that they are converting over to Japan spec and then shipping to Tokyo. For Japan, it just depends where they could find production slots... some come from the US, some come from Europe depending on where the could squeeze on in.

That makes sense. Tesla recently said, that they delivered around 1400 Roadsters to customers. They have an Agreement with Lotus to buy a total of 2400 Cars (http://google.brand.edgar-online.co...512-1202928-1209281&SessionID=Cx2VHv6UTlKsQP7) - so another 1000 Roadsters are there waitin' ;)

In the Tesla-Blog there was Post about the 100th EUSpec Car delivered at the RaceOFChampions (http://www.teslamotors.com/about/pr...livers-100th-german-car-during-race-champions) in December 2010. How come they now reached # 476 already? Did the hold back #100?

And what are the productions rates of Tesla? Or is Tesla outputting more than 25 Cars / week?

Awesome! Thanks GSP!

There's a 2008 Tesla Roadster Manual on Scrib:
Tesla Owners Manual

1-c190efa5e2.jpg

Last edited: