Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redmond Wa -> Astoria Or -> Redmond Wa with CHAdeMO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove 400 miles round trip today. 310 wh/mile for the whole trip going left lane speed instead of right lane speed.
Redmond -> Centralia
Centralia -> Astoria
Astoria -> Centralia
Centralia -> Redmond
Each leg is 100 miles.

On the first stop in Centralia I decided to top up to 220 miles range from 150 because I wasn't confident I would be able to charge in Astoria.
It only cost me about 3 minutes on top of the time I spent for a quick pit stop and breakfast to get to a nice round 220.

In Astoria I used my CHAdeMO adapter for the first time. I was very happy to get 150 miles per hour plugged in there. I had a little scare when my charge port door would not open when I pushed the button on the touchscreen - rebooting the touchscreen with the thumbwheels fixed that.
( No idea how long it had been in that state, I haven't had to open the charge port that way for a long time. )
I got back to ~240 miles range during lunch and headed back to Redmond. Once the car is above half battery CHAdeMO isn't significantly slower than supercharging.

I stopped in Centralia again to top up on the way back, not because I needed charge, but because I needed a 15 minute catnap.

My lack of faith in the CHAdeMO recharge ( had never used the adapter before, didn't know what charge rate I would get, didn't know if the 1 unit in all of Astoria would be working or ICEd ) was unwarranted.