Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seaside, CA (6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I have heard that the Supercharger is happening, but may be very close, not at, the new Show Room/Service Center in Monterey.
This will make heading down of coming up CA-1/Big Sur, much easier. 133 miles from Monterey to Atascadero via CA-1. :cool:
I am starting this thread for discussion of the Supercharger that appears to be coming to the Monterey area, perhaps this year. Locals, please keep a lookout, particularly in the Seaside area since there is a new Tesla Showroom and Service Center coming there, based on reports in the thread in the California forum.

Tesla announced a new dealer location in Monterey this week
IDF blog

Tesla Motors Seaside Facility Is Another Growth Catalyst
Business Finance News reviews Tesla’s recent expansion on Del Monte Boulevard

Tesla Motors Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) is reported to change the layout of its Del Monte Boulevard facility in Seaside, California. The electric vehicle (EV) maker is reportedly opening a sales and service center at the Seaside Auto Center, as widespread remodeling work is underway on the Pacific Ocean facing facility.The EV maker is planning to move to 1901 Del Monte Ave later in this year. Tesla sales and service center neighbors will be Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST) on one side, and the Auto Mall on the other.
In an email conformation to Monterey Herald, Tesla spokeswoman Jamee Hawn said: “We place stores and service centers in strategic locations based on where we believe our current and future customer base live and in areas where people are informed and interested in technology – The opening of our Monterey/Seaside location is a testament to the fact that we believe the area will continue to be a strong market for us.”

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Wayside Garage has moved up the street into Monterey. This is a very large building. There is also a vacant lot next door that is being graded for some reason. I wonder if Tesla is going to do something else beside showroom and service center here. Could they be building Power Packs and Powerwalls? There are new electrical cabinets outside and I saw a new pad with large conduit. I'm guessing the superchargers are being located on that pad, so at least the chargers should be outside and usable at night.

This is 1901 Del Monte Blvd in Seaside. It is adjacent to Costco and just a block away from a large Porsche dealership. There is a very large auto mall nearby with just about every manufacturer you can think of. They will have very good visibility here.

Just wild speculation, but took pix anyway.
Located in corner of Del Monte shopping center in Monterey just off Hwy 1.
Next to Rite Aid - no markings on pavement, but a good location - rarely used.
Fenced in area takes up 12 spaces.

Attachments

• mry1.jpg
    mry1.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 1,748
  • mry2.jpg
    mry2.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 1,744
Service Center is actually in Seaside on the border of Sand City - Monterey is about a mile down the road.

Got a note from Sean LaFond the Sales Manager about upcoming "Service Center/Salesroom" - opening planned in August.

No word on SC location.

Will check out the site again after the 4th of July Fireworks stand has been removed and still scout for other possible SC locations.

Was at a trial last week where the Bldg Inspector testified but did not get a chance to corner him about Tesla.

Last edited:
The sales rep that took us on a test drive back in March told me the Seaside service center would have a supercharger installed. I think that's also why they paved the adjacent lot to the building. The sign on the building facing costco says it will be open this fall. Haven't seen those marked off parking spaces at the mall, I would be surprised to see a supercharger there. There is already an EV charger in the mall parking lot and I wouldn't expect to see two superchargers less than 5 miles apart.

There is already an EV charger in the mall parking lot and I wouldn't expect to see two superchargers less than 5 miles apart.
I don't know what kind of "EV charger" is in the mall you are referring to, but Tesla Superchargers are much faster than an other EV charger type. Superchargers at this future Tesla Service Center would be very helpful.

The thread is talking about two separate locations- only one of them has been confirmed by Tesla. The service center in Seaside is planned to have a supercharger. The second location is the fenced off parking lot at the shopping mall in Monterey where it's speculated that it would also be a supercharger location. I was stating that I doubt they would install two superchargers that close together. You're correct that the presence of another slower EV charger wouldn't influence supercharger placement, but the service center location probably would. I don't think there's enough demand on the peninsula for two supercharger locations.

Unless the SC at the Service Center is just a simple setup for charging maintenance vehicles and the Mall location may be for a full fledged SC setup.
The EV chargers currently at the Mall are either Chargepoint or Blink, but the Mall charges way too much for their use. Most vehicles parked there are not plugged in.

I thought an SC being built was always speculation - no confirmation from Tesla. All I received was a note from the Sales Manager (as others did) about the Service Center opening in August.

I just went by the mall today for lunch, that fence is still up but no activity. They are doing some general renovations all over the mall, updating the flowers, outdoor benches, etc so that fenced area might be staging for the renovation project. Of course I also saw a PG&E truck parked right by the fenced off parking spaces. So it could be anything.

I haven't seen anything "official" from Telsa about the seaside supercharger, my information is from a conversation from the Monterey area salesman during a test drive. All he said was that the Seaside service center was going to have a built-in supercharger. No details on number of stalls. Will be interesting to see what happens. One way or another we will have a supercharger in the area, whether it's a small 1-2 stall at the service center or a larger one at the mall or both I guess will have to wait.

I did see a very large conduit with plenty of wires coming out at the service center location. It is located outside in an island where a car could park on either side of the island to charge. It is right next to the service door and should be easy to light up at night.

I did see a very large conduit with plenty of wires coming out at the service center location. It is located outside in an island where a car could park on either side of the island to charge. It is right next to the service door and should be easy to light up at night.
That could be for several HPWCs. The Burlingame Service Center near me has 4 HPWCs right out front.

Just went by the construction zone. Lots of work trucks there. Doesn't look like they will be using the vacant dirt lot next to it, they have put a row of cones up with string on top to demarcate the lot line and keep workers from parking on the vacant lot.