Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd row seat - way too hot during summer any ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i just received delivery of a 70D with 3rd row seats. It is 30 deg celcius out there and since the 3rd row seats have no ventilation the kids are naturally too hot. Tesla really messed up on this one. Does anyone have a solution that worked for them?

30 deg celsius? I ordered the rear facing seats and I live in Scottsdale, AZ. What am I going to do on the 120 Fahrenheit (49 Celsius) degree days?!? :)

37 degrees celsius here, have Photosync 45 on the back, and I can't have my son back there during the day at all. Tried running fresh air intake but it doesn't cool nearly at all.

Resorting to night time and fall/winter only.

Also really need to get a shade. Even with the tint, probably 35 as well, it's still really bright.

Hang on.

So does the Bioweapon Defense Mode facelift not include a few more feet of ducting and some fans, requiring you to follow Tesla's original advice about opening the rear passenger windows and/or mess about with third party ventilation products just to get sufficient air to the rear facing seats?

37 C+32x9/5 = 98.6F

Wow that is hot
Just kidding, but I have similar issues here in south Florida. I really like my 2014 MS, but the 3rd row is not really functional due to the heat. The kids love it and I'll do short trips, but airflow is really an issue. They need vents in the trunk and even the second row air is fairly anemic

Hang on.

So does the Bioweapon Defense Mode facelift not include a few more feet of ducting and some fans, requiring you to follow Tesla's original advice about opening the rear passenger windows and/or mess about with third party ventilation products just to get sufficient air to the rear facing seats?

Tesla advised to open the rear passenger windows? I have a refreshed S, and it doesn't include any special ventilation or anything. The cooling system leaves a lot to be desired in the car everywhere except from the front two seats.