Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers - Rivière-du-Loup, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I know that some people are real interested on the development of this crucial SC (hey mochouinard?!)

I'll provide you guys update on this one...

Tried the other day to speak to the GM of the Hôtel Universel but got voicemail

I'll keep you posted...

To Doug_G: Pls don't be tempted to merge this one with the Eastern Canada thread (which is now SO a mix of everything)... when it'll be up and running, you'll be able to do so but we need now to put some energy (and put pressure to the concerned people!) together to make this one happen sooner than later, thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcoRP
Hi guys, I know that some people are real interested on the development of this crucial SC (hey mochouinard?!)

I'll keep you posted...

To Doug_G: don't be tempted to merge this one with the Eastern Canada thread (which is now SO a mix of everything)... when it'll be up and running, you'll be able to do so but we need now to put some energy (and put pressure to the concerned people!) together to make this one happen sooner than later, thanks for your understanding. BTW, can you link this thread to the supercharge.info?

To send requests or new info to Supercharge.Info, use the e-mail address: [email protected]

To Doug_G: Pls don't be tempted to merge this one with the Eastern Canada thread

Actually I am very tempted, because that is where this belongs. I don't want to set a precedent that would result in an out-of-control mess of threads about every supercharger location. This has been a recurring problem throughout the forum. Please demonstrate a clear need for a separate thread.

Actually I am very tempted, because that is where this belongs. I don't want to set a precedent that would result in an out-of-control mess of threads about every supercharger location. This has been a recurring problem throughout the forum. Please demonstrate a clear need for a separate thread.

As we have been able to do with the Cornwall / Kingston / To / Comber / Barrie (+ the ones for Western Canada) we will obviously able to provide updates until the opening...

As you already know, all US future SuperCharger stations have their own thread...

Thanks

I never understood this point of view. If I want to find out what is happening with a specific Supercharger in the U.S., I look at the thread for it. It's linked directly from the map at supercharge.info . If on the other hand I want to find out what is happening with a specific Supercharger in Canada, I get pointed to somewhere in the middle of a thread with hundreds of postings, and may have to wade through dozens of pages of irrelevant postings to find information about it.

It's easy to aggregate the information regarding Superchargers in an area through the use of a map. The opposite, separating out the useful information from that which is not of interest, is far more difficult.

I'll keep you posted...

I plan on charging at the Hotel Universal on next Monday and having supper at the Hotel while doing so. I will ask if he is around so I can speak with him, but he may not be there at suppertime.

I was at Hotel Universal a couple of years ago...their breakfast was great!

The charge station was viewable from the restaurant (which I like when travelling that far from home)...pretty sure it was delivering 70 amp / 208v...

I plan on charging at the Hotel Universal on next Monday and having supper at the Hotel while doing so. I will ask if he is around so I can speak with him, but he may not be there at suppertime.

I was at Hotel Universal a couple of years ago...their breakfast was great!

The charge station was viewable from the restaurant (which I like when travelling that far from home)...pretty sure it was delivering 70 amp / 208v...

Yep 69 amps

58888.png

By the way, for peoples who wants to «get things done» sooner than later or are planning a trip to Rivière-du-Loup or beyond, you can always call the General Manager of Hôtel Universel to get an «update» on the project, her name is Joanna Lortie.

(418) 862-9520

:)

Last edited:
Today, the status has been at permit for 63 days without any tangible progress. Hopefully the mess we had at Drummondville will not happen to RDL too. If anyone has information, we should share that information here. If the information cannot be disclosed for legal reason your because you are threatened of loosing a limb, then stay vague but at least tell people that things are moving.

Last edited:
Today, the status has been at permit for 63 days without any tangible progress. Hopefully the mess we had at Drummondville will not happen to RDL too. If anyone has information, we should share that information here. If the information cannot be disclosed for legal reason your because you are threatened of loosing a limb, then stay vague but at least tell people that things are moving.

When I'm there tomorrow, I'll snoop around. BUT I will also take good care not to lose any body parts.