Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turning off lights in Park?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cars in different markets have different abilities, at least regarding the ability to turn off DRL's and such.

If I remember correctly, Bjorn talks about it in his video about the 'camper mode'. Check it out, the answer you are looking for is probably there.

In Canada, DRLs are mandatory, so there is no way to over-ride, but I did discover this: if I'm in the car in Park, and manually switch to Parking Lights, then to Off, all of the exterior lights will go out. As soon as I move the gear selector out of Park, the DRLs will come back on, or if it's dark, the full lighting system.

I read on here before... open the driver's door and lift your butt up off the seat for a few seconds (so it thinks you've exited the car) and then the car will say it's off, then close the door and sit back down. Works great. (well, annoying you have to do it in the first place)

-m

I read on here before... open the driver's door and lift your butt up off the seat for a few seconds (so it thinks you've exited the car) and then the car will say it's off, then close the door and sit back down. Works great. (well, annoying you have to do it in the first place)
-m

Even after getting out to plug in at the supercharger and getting back in the car and shutting the door, my headlights will not turn off (let alone DRL) until they hit some magical time-out.
I've tried switching off the headlights from the controls menu and even powering off the car. They still refuse to turn off until some internal timer counts down.

Ahh gotcha. There is a setting for that, if it's what I think it is. Go into Controls, then Settings, then Vehicle. An option in the middle of the screen called "Headlights after Exit"--make sure that's off. Post back if that helps or not.....

Thanks!

-m