Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thrilled new Customer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a newbie - having been lurking now for a little over 2 months, but I might be going about this post wrong, so sorry in advance if this belongs under an established thread for Orders/Deliveries etc...:confused:

After speaking w/ my DS just a few short minutes ago, I felt I had to share how completely thrilled I've been w/ my experiences w/ Tesla so far. I'm part of that group of customers who's state tax benefits are set to expire at the end of this month, and I was a fool, and waited until the absolute last minute to order because I wasn't sure I really wanted to spend that much money on a car (I'm more comfortable in the 40K range than 80-100K range!! But I digress...)

The Sales Person that a I worked with in Bellevue was awesome and she checked in with us periodically, not so much that you felt pestered by it, but just enough to remind you of that impending deadline. On the weekend that I actually did order, she had emailed me to suggest some CPOs since she felt we were pretty much outside of the window for a custom order, but w/ my requirements for the rear facing seats, it was not an easy car to find. VERY long story short... she called the factory to see if a custom order could still be done in time (since not only did I have the June 30th cut off, I have vacation plans that will take me out of state by June 24th), and on the 23rd of May, I hit the submit button.
My Timeline:
5/23 (Sat of a long weekend) - placed order, probably close to their closing time, at 4:30pm (we had been exchanging emails ALL day)
5/23 Order Confirmed (literally an hour after the order was placed!)
5/28 VIN was assigned
6/8 entered Production
6/11 Production Completed (yesterday)

I can't believe they met these time lines!

And this may be standard Tesla policy that you all are already aware of, but I was also then put into an inconvenient situation where my husband won't be around and able to take me to pick up our new baby, so I was explaining to my DS that before I locked in our tentative pick up date/time, I'd need to find someone to help me w/ the pick up.... well apparently that's not a problem either, he says they will pay for my cab ride down there when I arrive!

What an AWESOME company - everyone has been so extremely nice and friendly, no overbearing salesperson, no snobbery (I didn't order the high end car... my total is "only" 85K)... now I just hope the car is everything that everyone here has been raving about, and I'm pretty confident it will be :).

So also, thanks to you all for letting me lurk and learn from your experiences, hopefully I'll be able to contribute in the future and repay it!

Pick up scheduled - tentatively for 6/19 - well ahead of my 6/24 trip!!!:biggrin: :love:

Welcome to the world of Tesla! Great to see you can still take advantage of the Washington Sales Tax exemption. I think you'll love the car. My two year anniversary with the car is tomorrow and I still look forward to driving it as much today as the day we got it.

Ecarfan - I got a white 70D, black next gen seats and black acalantra headliner, rear facing seats, pano roof, 19" wheels and the package for the lift gate, I think that was the premium interior package. Hopefully I didn't miss anything in the order that I will regret...?

Great to hear your story. That is indeed fast by Tesla standards, and it is because they are pulling out all the stops to deliver as many Model S in WA (and Georgia, which is losing a similar benefit at the same time) by the June 30 deadline.

They have hired temporary workers, and pulled in people from California and local stores to work at the delivery center. I'm one of the temporary workers; I started this week and will be there until June 30. What a great group of people to work with!

Santorin4, I will be there on the 19th. There are usually several cars being delivered at once so I miss most of the customers, but maybe I'll be able to show you around your new car.

They have hired temporary workers, and pulled in people from California and local stores to work at the delivery center. I'm one of the temporary workers; I started this week and will be there until June 30. What a great group of people to work with!

Santorin4, I will be there on the 19th.

Congrats on your new job! What's the scuttlebutt for sales on July 1? I presume a long dry spell in Washington and Georgia?

thanks everyone - definitely will post picts from pick up day!

@ChadS - how long should I plan on for the whole pick up process? (it's a Friday morning, and I didn't take the day off for this big event... and had booked cleaners to come to the house before I made the pick up appt)

Pick up happened at 9am this morning, just as my DS had estimated and I couldn't be happier! There was so much to take in, I should have scheduled 3 hours for pick up!! I spent almost 2 hours there and still feel like there's so much to learn! Here she is though... Seattle is definitely churning them out fast and furious!

Kirkbauer, I hope yours is on its way to GA by now so you make your deadline too!!!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Glad to see Bellevue is "nailing it" for the June rush. Good job Tesla (including folks like Chad helping out)!
Yes I completely forgot - I wanted to look for Chad at pick up today... but got a little distracted :).

Shannon at Bellevue was so great to work w/ - as was the rest of the staff. Incredibly nice, patient, and willing to get you the right answers if they didn't already know. definitely a 5 star experience!!!

Funny, I am in the picture...in the passenger seat of the car next to yours. I drove your car briefly last night (just shuffling vehicles around the building).

I am glad you got the car and enjoyed the experience! The fun of the car does not wear off.

Funny, I am in the picture...in the passenger seat of the car next to yours. I drove your car briefly last night (just shuffling vehicles around the building).

I am glad you got the car and enjoyed the experience! The fun of the car does not wear off.

LOL that's awesome - I captured you anyway!
Since you drove my car maybe you can tell me... I'm noticing a strange sound coming from the front passenger side - seemingly behind the glove (i emptied it to be sure it wasn't just the manual making noises as I made turns - i.e. like flopping around)... but it sounds like a thump when i release from the gas and the region braking starts or when I make turns... did you hear anything like that? I sent an email to my DS, but am wondering if I'm supposed to call the service center directly??