Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ocala to Biloxi the gps needs help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ocala to Biloxi
What am I doing wrong the gps tell me to charge in Ocala then Lake City and then Tifton GA. what the hell is wrong with this gps:cursing: and then to DeFuniak Spring and then Mobil to get to Biloxi. I loose enough gambling . don't need this. Lake City to DeFuniak Springs is 220mi that's doable with a 85d

Ocala to Biloxi
What am I doing wrong the gps tell me to charge in Ocala then Lake City and then Tifton GA. what the hell is wrong with this gps:cursing: and then to DeFuniak Spring and then Mobil to get to Biloxi. I loose enough gambling . don't need this. Lake City to DeFuniak Springs is 220mi that's doable with a 85d

Hi Dave,

I doubt that you are doing anything wrong. According to Tesla the Trip Planner software is a beta implementation. Some folks that have used it claim it is only an alpha implementation. My suggestion would be to preplan your route using EVTripPlanner.com on a desktop or laptop computer if one is available to determine your route.

Another thing you can do on the Tesla application is to start your route with a location that you know with confidence that you can reach and then input your destination. So perhpas putting in the Lake City Supercharger as your starting point and then put in your destination.

If you plan on staying over at the Four Points by Sheraton in Tallahassee you could put that location in as your starting point, knowing that you can reach it after charging at Lake City.

I'm sure some of the veteran road warriors will have additional suggestions for you.

Larry

You're not doing anything wrong it is Trip Planner in 6.2. Try this:

Using Trip Planner in 6.2. After you enter DeFunkiak Spring it will route you to a Supercharger. You have to touch trip at the bottom. The directions will flip over. Then push "remove all charging stops". Now it will take you to DeFunkiak Springs. 220 miles will be a stretch start out slowly. Good Luck.

It drove me nuts on my last trip

Last edited:
Hi
would you do a 220mi run with a 85d ?(Lake City to DeFuniak Spring) planning to drive all the way to Biloxi after Mobil charge

I would do that in a P85D (in summer). Just did Charlotte to Atlanta (245 miles) in my P85D on a single charge doing 65 MPH. If you were to have heavy rain the whole way you might have to slow down but in good weather I think you can make it driving 70 - 75 MPH.

Mike

Hi
would you do a 220mi run with a 85d ?(Lake City to DeFuniak Spring) planning to drive all the way to Biloxi after Mobil charge

My wife - who goes to Seaside a couple times a year on business - says no way in our 85S. But she gets anxious when I drop below 50 miles rates range. Perhaps stop for a meal in Tallahassee & pick up a 30 mile buffer at the Sheraton or from someone on the FL Charging Network (if you've joined).