Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Showroom coming to Seaside (Monterey area) and possibly a Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I especially like the part about the supercharger, will make it possible to visit that area and do Carmel and down the coast a bit.

Seems quite possible already, as I've done just that multiple times. Driving the coast in my P85 is magnificent. But having a supercharger in Seaside will make charging logistics simple. It's nice to read that "dirt is moving".

Seems quite possible already, as I've done just that multiple times. Driving the coast in my P85 is magnificent. But having a supercharger in Seaside will make charging logistics simple. It's nice to read that "dirt is moving".
Yes, I can charge at Gilroy but then for me driving to Carmel and down the coast to Nepthente and then getting back to Gilroy is tight unless I use a level 2 charger.

SC coming to Monterey

Steve thanks for posting that link. That is great news
Merrill, I would not assume the news report is accurate when it says that there will be a Supercharger at that Tesla showroom. I hope there is, but let's wait and see what actually happens. There are only a small number of Tesla showrooms or service centers in the U.S. that have Superchargers onsite and available 24/7. Most do not.

Steve thanks for posting that link. That is great news
Merrill, I would not assume the news report is accurate when it says that there will be a Supercharger at that Tesla showroom. I hope there is, but let's wait and see what actually happens. There are only a small number of Tesla showrooms or service centers in the U.S. that have Superchargers onsite and available 24/7. Most do not.
Yes, thanks for bursting my bubble. Seriously I'm hoping for a supercharger somewhere in the Monterey Bay Area because we love Carmel and would love to visit with out the hassle of worrying about charging, if I ever get the Model X with a larger battery then not so much of an issue.

I have heard that the Supercharger is happening, but may be very close, not at, the new Show Room/Service Center in Monterey.

This will make heading down of coming up CA-1/Big Sur, much easier. 133 miles from Monterey to Atascadero via CA-1. :cool:

I have heard that the Supercharger is happening, but may be very close, not at, the new Show Room/Service Center in Monterey.

This will make heading down of coming up CA-1/Big Sur, much easier. 133 miles from Monterey to Atascadero via CA-1. :cool:
However, having another one in San Simeon, either in town or at the Hearst Castle parking (J1772/HPWC probably makes more sense there) would be very useful.

Shouldn't this thread be titled "SC coming to Seaside, CA" ?
Yes, I've re-titled the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if @Cottonwood says a Supercharger is coming to that area, I've learned to take that as proof! I am going to start a new thread in the California Supercharger forum that will be specifically for discussion of this new Supercharger. I'm leaving this thread here for discussion of the coming Showroom and Service Center.

When I took a test drive from the local Monterey sales agent he told me back in March that the Seaside service center would have a supercharger. Something about most new service centers were going to have a supercharger. Probably not a lot of stalls, only a couple. Still useful for the drive down Big Sur. Once I get the car and since I live less than a mile away I'll probably use it some until I get the letter from Elon telling locals to stop charging at the superchargers.