Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt test mule photographed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The camo is to make it harder to spot details in the finish and shape of the car because the black and white pattern hides most shadows and details. You see the car clearly, but the overall appearance is still masked.

good to see, means GM isn't lying about creating a 200-ish mile BEV. But damn, can no one make an EV look like a nice car besides Tesla!?!

Ah, jury is still out on that one. No details on the battery pack capacity or weight has been given. Nothing on efficiency, motor output, or really anything to evaluate the vehicle, especially with respect to range.

I suspect this vehicle, given its size and the expected NMC battery chemistry to achieve something more like 130-150 miles of range in a 5 cycle EPA test. It probably will not comfortably make the jump between Tesla Superchargers if it could use them.

I think its great. The more reasonably priced EVs with decent range the better for all of us.

I agree, it looks good enough - better than the Leaf or the i3. Plus, each major automaker that sells a real BEV product is one less that is trying to spread FUD with respect to BEVs (ahem... Toyota). Further, Tesla then gets to compete against real products instead of vaporware.

for those who dont want to click.
chevy-bolt-spy-shot-04-1.jpg

chevy-bolt-spy-shot-06-1.jpg

The reason it reminds you of the Spark is because it's based on the same platform. In any case, more EVs the better. Model 3 will still be the better car however. If you speak to people about 200 miles plus EVs always remind them about the Supercharger network. That's the line in the sand that nobody else has.

That's one ugly car. If they do hit 200 miles (I would assume "ideal" and not realistic) at $30k after incentives it will sell though, even if it looks like crap.

There are uglier EVs that have sold tremendously well (LEAF)

Last edited: