Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PAST EVENT: The Epicurean Hotel Weekend Getaway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
We had so much fun at the recent Epicurean wine tasting we decided to organize a weekend getaway!

The Epicurean Weekend Getaway -

A Special Package for Florida Tesla Enthusiasts!

October 2–4, 2015

The Epicurean Hotel
Tampa, Florida

This weekend is limited to 20 rooms, so when they’re gone, they’re gone!

A Little About the Host Hotel:
Developed in collaboration with the legendary Bern’s Steak House, the 4-Diamond, food-focused Epicurean is a member of the Autograph Collection and features a state-of-the-art culinary classroom known as the Epicurean Theatre; Élevage, a restaurant where classic recipes are re-imagined; EDGE Social Drinkery rooftop bar; Chocolate Pi pâtisserie; Bern’s Fine Wines & Spirits wine shop; and Evangeline, a full-service spa.

Friday, October 2, 5:30pm:
Plan to arrive in time to mix, mingle and enjoy a Welcome Wine & Cheese Reception Hosted by the Epicurean Hotel.

Guest Room Rates:
$199 per night (2 night minimum stay required)
The current rates are $299, so this represents a terrific value!
Also, if you’d like to make it a long weekend, you can stay over on Sunday night at the same rate.

Peace of Mind:
Your Stay will be a Worry-Free, as the Epicurean has installed two Tesla High Power Wall Connectors!
They also have 24-Hour Valet Service, so they’ll be able to rotate cars for charging.
You shouldn't have any trouble finding the Epicurean Hotel.
It's already programmed on your navigation system on the "Destination Chargers" tab under "Places".
The hotel is only 13 miles from the Brandon Supercharger.

Curate Your Perfect Tampa Weekend!
The Epicurean is located in the vibrant SoHo District of South Tampa. Take a stroll on beautiful Bayshore Boulevard; schedule a spa appointment at Evangeline; laze around the swimming pool; sip a handcrafted cocktail at the rooftop bar; discover the historic neighborhood on a complimentary Epicurean bicycle; shop in Hyde Park Village, or splurge and make dinner reservations at Bern’s Steak House!

Note: The special rates will only be honored until September 11th, or until the twenty rooms sell out. So don’t delay!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS EVENT, BUT NOT CURRENTLY A FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIAST CLUB MEMBER, YOU CAN JOIN THE CLUB BY CLICKING ON THE LINK TO FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS IN MY SIGNATURE.

IF YOU ARE A FORMER MEMBER WHOSE MEMBERSHIP HAS LAPSED AND YOU WISH TO REJOIN, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [email protected].

Larry

Last edited:
We had a very nice turnout at the Epicurean. I was gratified to see that most of our attendees traveled from the Southeast Region with obviously no problems charging.

The Epicurean was a wonderful host. They provided a complimentarty wine and cheese tasting, accommodated our request for private dining and the valets were experienced in driving Model Ss and they spent the weekend swapping out cars between the two HPWCs to ensure that everyone had a nice full charge for their trip home.

Here's some photos.

Epicurean Weekend Getaway cars.jpg

We had about a dozen Model Ss

12122551_10206122224366102_1560618936560189790_n.jpg

On the rooftop of the Epicurean is the trendy EDGE cocktail lounge. The Epicurean hosted a wine and cheese tasting for our club.

Epicurean Weekend Getaway 012.JPG

Natalie, Aimie and Larry

Denise Manon Joan.jpg

Denise, Manon and Joan

Rooftop wine tasting Steve Steve Suzanne hostess.jpg

Steve, Steve, Suzanne and our Epricurean hostess.
(One thing about our club, we have sooo many Steves. If I ever forget someone's name it, if I just call them Steve its a good chance that I'm right.)

Jean and Mike Edge Rooftop Lounge.jpg

Jean and Mike.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

More photos:

Following the wine tasting we had private dining at the fabulous Elevage restuarant.

Dharshi Warren Sandy Ron Karen Steve Mary Ellen.jpg

Dharshi, Warren, Sandy, Ron, Karen, Steve and Mary Ellen.

Bill Joan Manon Jean Denise Craig.jpg

Bill, Joan, Manon, Jean, Denise and Craig

Larry Mary Ellen Mike Natalie Alec Dotty.jpg

Larry, Mary Ellen, Natalie, Mike, Alec and Dotty at the Epicurean's watering hole.

Mike and Natalie.jpg

Mike and Natalie at Ciccios / Water.

Mike Natalie Mary Ellen Dotty Alec Robin Steve.jpg

Mike, Natalie, Mary Ellen, Dotty, Alec, Robin and Steve at Ciccios / Water.

Alec Dotty Craig Denise Manon Jean Bill Joan.jpg

Alec, Dotty, Craig, Denise, Manon, Jean, Bill and Joan.

Larry

Last edited: