Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our Sea-to-Shining Sea Itinerary for TMC Connect: Who wants to meet us or join us?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delanman and I are driving from the East Coast to TMC Connect starting on July 4. We'd love have other Model S'ers meet us along the way or join us for the trip. My brother will share the driving duties with me, and our dogs, one a yellow lab the other a Cockapoo, will be along for the ride. Below is our itinerary for the Northern Route across the US, prepared on the basis of data from EV Trip Planner -- a great tool for this kind of journey. We're going the northern route to see Mount Rushmore, the badlands, the Large Underground Xenon detector, or LUX, (the most sensitive experiment yet to search for the elusive substance called dark matter) in Lead (near Mount Rushmore), and other sights in South Dakota.
Delanman and I both have the lighted rear appliqué installed so at the very least you might want to meet us to see them in operation:).

Here's our itinerary:

First a day-by-day account of miles covered, average speed, supercharger stops, and overnight stays (highlighted in red)

Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 2.24.34 PM.jpg

And the route map generated by EV Trip Planner, with supercharger locations.

Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 4.23.12 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Will you return home by the same or a different route? I ask for selfish reasons...I still have the Light up "T" I bought from you going on 2 years ago but haven't installed and would like to try to meet to have you help me with that. The Independence, Mo supercharger might be good...

Will you return home by the same or a different route? I ask for selfish reasons...I still have the Light up "T" I bought from you going on 2 years ago but haven't installed and would like to try to meet to have you help me with that. The Independence, Mo supercharger might be good...

Not yet sure of the return itinerary but likely we'll be coming back that way. Will confirm soon.

Looks like we are going to be on the same route except I will be leaving MD on June 28. We will be spending a few days in Custer, SD and Granby, CO. You would probably be catching up to us somewhere in UT or NV.

We will also be in Winnemucca on July 9. Same hotel too. Maybe we can meet up for dinner.

Next day, we could convoy to Santa Clara with a stopover in Sparks to checkout the Gigafactory :).

Rick I would LOVE to meet you when you pass through Cranberry PA, but I will be out of the country. Hope to catch you on the return trip, if you take the same route. We will undoubtedly send some folks to greet you and drool over your mods regardless.

If I have my math right -- you'll be passing the Cranberry, PA area right around the time of our usual Cars and Coffee gathering. We might be able to convoy the mile or so over to greet you. Or you're welcome to grab breakfast/coffee at the show (but there's no Supercharger there, obviously).
Will you be tweeting as you go?

11246973_10205052913334994_212965995603446324_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

AH -- JAKE! Jinx. You owe me a coffee now.

Looks like we are going to be on the same route except I will be leaving MD on June 28. We will be spending a few days in Custer, SD and Granby, CO. You would probably be catching up to us somewhere in UT or NV.

We will also be in Winnemucca on July 9. Same hotel too. Maybe we can meet up for dinner.

Next day, we could convoy to Santa Clara with a stopover in Sparks to checkout the Gigafactory :).

Let's plan to meet in Winnemucca on the 9th, but maybe we'll run into each other before that in UT or NV. I'm all for stopping at the Gigafactory site and I'm sure John will be as well. We'll be using Life360 to stay in touch as we go. If you PM me with your contact info I'll invite you to join our circle.

If I have my math right -- you'll be passing the Cranberry, PA area right around the time of our usual Cars and Coffee gathering. We might be able to convoy the mile or so over to greet you. Or you're welcome to grab breakfast/coffee at the show (but there's no Supercharger there, obviously).
Will you be tweeting as you go?

View attachment 83622

- - - Updated - - -

AH -- JAKE! Jinx. You owe me a coffee now.

What time is the Cars and Coffee? We're leaving on the 4th at about 9am. If we can get there on time we will. Will be using Life 360 to communicate but I suppose we can also tweet.

What time is the Cars and Coffee? We're leaving on the 4th at about 9am. If we can get there on time we will. Will be using Life 360 to communicate but I suppose we can also tweet.

Sorry for delay -- was traveling overseas.

Cars and Coffee runs from 9am to Noon.

It's 5-10 minutes from the Cranberry Supercharger.

I'm guessing that if you leave Hagerstown at 9am you're not going to make it in time. But if you tweet arrival at Cranberry Supercharger maybe some of us can greet you anyway-- it's a holiday weekend so afternoons might be scheduled already.

Google Maps

Sorry for delay -- was traveling overseas.

Cars and Coffee runs from 9am to Noon.

It's 5-10 minutes from the Cranberry Supercharger.

I'm guessing that if you leave Hagerstown at 9am you're not going to make it in time. But if you tweet arrival at Cranberry Supercharger maybe some of us can greet you anyway-- it's a holiday weekend so afternoons might be scheduled already.

Google Maps

We'll tweet our arrival at the supercharger.