Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Serice center switch and power supply upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So, I emailed SC about my sunroof issue, and they told me I 'qualify' for a switch and power supply upgrade. (Free). So... They have to discharge the battery she says, going to take a few days. Ugh. I get a loaner, but still a hassle when SC is 90 minutes away...

anyone know what's different about this switch? Run faster? Jump higher?

This is a replacement of the main contactor in the battery. Basically a large relay that connects and disconnects the high voltage battery from the car. There have been reports of some contactors failing, leading to the being undriveable until it is fixed. This is a proactive replacement of the contactor so you don't get stranded and would suggest having the service done at your convenience.

I had mine done in a day, so not sure what the multiple days is all about.

So, I emailed SC about my sunroof issue, and they told me I 'qualify' for a switch and power supply upgrade. (Free). So... They have to discharge the battery she says, going to take a few days. Ugh. I get a loaner, but still a hassle when SC is 90 minutes away...

anyone know what's different about this switch? Run faster? Jump higher?

If they need the battery discharged then bring it in very low on charge and that will give them a good headstart.