Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It looks like I have LTE enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My icon indicates LTE vs. 3G. Will send pics later. Does anyone else see LTE yet? Map tiles seem pretty fast for me but I just picked up my car today so no real experience to guide me.

Pics, Last 5 digits of VIN, Details, What software revision are you on?

There is a small part of me that hopes that my 2014 P85D has it and will be enabled in a software update.

My icon indicates LTE vs. 3G. Will send pics later. Does anyone else see LTE yet? Map tiles seem pretty fast for me but I just picked up my car today so no real experience to guide me.

Pics, Last 5 digits of VIN, Details, What software revision are you on?

There is a small part of me that hopes that my 2014 P85D has it and will be enabled in a software update.

If the hardware isn't already in there, I'd be very very surprised if it wasn't available at some point soon via a card swap or something of the like. There will come a time when 3G is decommissioned and Tesla can't deliberately design an internet dependent car without designing in a mechanism to offer an upgrade path.

It's one thing to sunset your iPhone. It's quite another to sunset your car.

Wow, just got pointed to this thread as MS is being built June 4-7 there (in production now). I'd sure hope we have LTE as it would make the next few years of ownership more enjoyable it seems, gladly pay for it in future when needed, etc.

Pics, and speed test would rock. I'm assuming it is still AT&T LTE which is usually pretty dang fast MOST of the time; except for at home here, at work, and around work, and at the gym, and around the entire 3rd largest city in USA - ok, never mind! ;-)

LTE - Copy.GIF
swversion - Copy.GIF

Let me see about a speed test.

If the hardware isn't already in there, I'd be very very surprised if it wasn't available at some point soon via a card swap or something of the like. There will come a time when 3G is decommissioned and Tesla can't deliberately design an internet dependent car without designing in a mechanism to offer an upgrade path.

It's one thing to sunset your iPhone. It's quite another to sunset your car.
I donno - Verizon still supports 1XEVDO. AT&T still supports GPRS. I would expect 3G to stick around for a while.