Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Boise, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
I found it! Permit has been issued. There are a few documents for it, but here is a link to the fee application, where they spell out what equipment and how many stalls it's going to have.
http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pdsonline/details.aspx?id=ESC15-00676
If you do permit search by project name "Tesla", it will show all the documents.

The permit issue date was listed as May 22. It's an 8 stall charger at 1426 S. Entertainment Ave., which is the Oxford Suites Hotel. Oddly enough, they were planning to install a couple of destination HPWCs that they got from Tesla early this year, and things had been dragging on and it wasn't getting done. This is even better. I'll swing by occasionally and see when construction starts.

Great find! I hope it's done by July 25, in time for my trip, but that seems like a long shot.
Actually, it may be very close. Once a permit is issued, SC construction goes pretty fast. They've been built in well less than 6 weeks. Though, you never know what might hold them up. Transformers and power company hook up sometimes delay things.

I wonder what "Pedestrain Light Fictures" are? I'm sure if they'd meant "Pedestrian Light Fixtures" they would have written that (in the permit that Rocky_H linked to above),correct? :tongue: Good news anyway no matter how they spell it!

Actually, it may be very close. Once a permit is issued, SC construction goes pretty fast. They've been built in well less than 6 weeks. Though, you never know what might hold them up. Transformers and power company hook up sometimes delay things.

Yes, but the permit has NOT been issued. The status shown is "fee preparation". It could be months before the permit is approved. There are some sites which have sat in "permit" status for six months, sometimes even longer.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but until there's equipment on site and a crew digging trenches, we have no idea whether it will be a minimum of 3 weeks or 2 months or 6 months or a year.

Current example: Supercharger - Trinidad, CO - Page 5

The permit was noticed by someone in February, the current thought is that construction might start in August.

Yes, but the permit has NOT been issued. The status shown is "fee preparation". It could be months before the permit is approved. There are some sites which have sat in "permit" status for six months, sometimes even longer.

Please don't speak falsely of what you do not know. ("but the permit has NOT been issued.") I said the actual issue date of 5/22, because that document is there in the search as well. I said that I linked to the fee application one because it had more detail of the equipment. Here is the link to the permit issued document.
http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pdsonline/details.aspx?id=CZC15-00130

Please don't speak falsely of what you do not know. ("but the permit has NOT been issued.") I said the actual issue date of 5/22, because that document is there in the search as well. I said that I linked to the fee application one because it had more detail of the equipment. Here is the link to the permit issued document.

Have you been able to visit the site? Generally if a permit has been issued to a contractor, they start construction right away.

Then I sit corrected. :)

We'll see how long it is before construction starts.

Now we just need 2 stalls in Jordan Valley and I'll be a happy camper. It enables Boise to be reachable from California.

- K
Assuming one has a 85 KwH battery, one can reach Boise via superchargers from California by driving to Elko, NV then head north on HWY 225. It's about 120 miles farther than going through the direct route via Winnemucca but it's at least possible to get there.

Assuming one has a 85 KwH battery, one can reach Boise via superchargers from California by driving to Elko, NV then head north on HWY 225. It's about 120 miles farther than going through the direct route via Winnemucca but it's at least possible to get there.
Google says Elko to Boise is 265 miles via 225. I think that's just asking for trouble. An 85 fully charged will have maybe a few miles more than that in rated miles. If you drive slowly you MIGHT make it. Cold weather, rain or even a little headwind will force a recharge somewhere along the way. Plug share shows no chargers along that route and a quick look didn't show any RV parks before Mountain Home (250 miles from Elko). That's cutting it pretty close too.

At least there is an RV Park in Jordan Valley with 14-50s so maybe an hour stop over is all that's needed. Also, don't forget that going for a 100% charge via an SC is a lot longer than than just charging to 85% due to taper down. The 14-50 in JV isn't quite as bad as it sounds.

Google says Elko to Boise is 265 miles via 225. I think that's just asking for trouble. An 85 fully charged will have maybe a few miles more than that in rated miles. If you drive slowly you MIGHT make it. Cold weather, rain or even a little headwind will force a recharge somewhere along the way. Plug share shows no chargers along that route and a quick look didn't show any RV parks before Mountain Home (250 miles from Elko). That's cutting it pretty close too.

You should look at the route on EvTripplanner, though. Where you said, "If you drive slowly you MIGHT make it.", you're forgetting something. You MUST drive slowly, unless you want to get a dozen speeding tickets along the way. You're in the default mindset of thinking highway travel at 75 mph, where you go through rated miles a little faster than actual, or maybe 1 to 1. On these 55 mph small highways, you get GREAT efficiency. It's showing 242 actual miles on mine, rather than 265, as you said--don't know why. [Edit: Oh, I see why. If you just pick the ID-51 highway route in Google maps, it takes you on the back roads from Mt. Home to Nampa and then backtracking to Boise for 265 miles. I do the one where it goes up highway 51 into Mt. Home and then I-84 the rest of the way to Boise, which is 242 miles. ] But the rated miles is 208 for that entire route of Elko to Boise with a 1.0 speed multiplier, because it does figure in that those are slower roads. So for a 208 rated miles route, I consider that completely doable, except in Winter.

Last edited:
Yes! So excited for a Baker City and Boise Supercharger. Seattle to Sun Valley is a very popular driving route, have to imagine lots of Tesla's (but just a guess on my part). I got an 85 D a couple weeks ago, best purchase I have ever made, love it! Driving to Sun Valley in late August, hope the Supercharger in Boise will be done!