Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clipper Creek - Excellent Customer Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a plug-in style Clipper Creek EVSE I purchased to make charging either my wife's CMax Energi, or my Model S easier. Admittedly, when I ordered the EVSE, I basically shopped for one that plugged into a 14-50 NEMA. Clipper Creek shipped the unit quickly, I plugged it into the socket in the garage and charging began in earnest. It works exactly as advertised, and really there isn't much more you can say about it other than it seems pretty durable and it has been problem free.

Earlier this week our cars got out of their normal outdoor overnight positions in our driveway and the cord wouldn't really reach the CMax. Long story short, I might have plugged in an extension cable (I know, I know) to the 14-50, slipped the extension under the garage door, which placed the EVSE on the driveway. I figured I'd plug in my Model S first and then plug in the CMax in the morning as I leave for work much earlier than the spousal-unit.

Of course, my unapproved use of an extension cord immediately redeemed bad-karma points earned yesterday with torrential rain in the early morning hours. The rain woke me up, but it never occurred to me the particular EVSE I purchased from Clipper Creek was not rated for outdoor use. Checking my iPhone this morning, I noted a message from the Tesla app informing me of a charging interruption at 4:44am. With sleep still my my eyes, I stumbled in a pre-caffeinated state to the driveway. Upon my arrival, I was greeted with an ominous buzzing sound between the cars.

I elected to cut power via the breakers and disconnect everything. I picked up the EVSE and water began to drain out of it.

I called Clipper Creek this morning and fell on my sword about being too lazy to move the cars, using an extension cord, and perhaps not reading the directions. I have three other EVSEs, all are sealed. The Clipper Creek Customer Service rep took down my information and had me provide him the original invoice number and subsequently told me he needed to call me back shortly.

Upon receiving a return call just moments ago, Clipper Creek informed me their preference was just to replace my EVSE with a brand new unit which they would ship today at no cost provided I return the one I flooded.

Talk about exceeding customer expectations!

Clipper Creek has been around for some time. They used to provide charging stations for the Tesla Roadster. In my experience, their products are excellent and trouble-free. I installed their LCS-25 EV charger in our driveway over 3 years ago and it's been flawless.

Clupper Creek is another American company building American Made products. I have had 2 CC EVSE's only moved to a HPWC recently because opening the charge port with its button is so cool...(the 80 amp charging also is part of it :cool:)

Peace,
Father Bill

I'll add my name to the list of satisfied Clipper Creek Customers. They were just as helpful, friendly and informative when I first called to ask all sorts of basic questions about charging in general, their products and various electrical questions as they were when I actually called to make the purchase. Great Service, Great Product!