Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Private Tesla Fastcharger? [Not quite a supercharger] This guy bought 2.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've also installed at least one private full-power supercharger, that I know of, which is in Las Vegas. I'm sure it's pretty expensive. If you're really interested, reach out to Tesla. I presume it's not something they advertise because the market is really very small.

I wonder if these are your typical 120kw superchargers just locked in a split of 60kw - 60kw to both pedestals. Or if this actually a 60kw supercharger that will split that 60kw between both pedestals such that if there were 2 cars charging there, they might see less than 60kw.

I wonder if these are your typical 120kw superchargers just locked in a split of 60kw - 60kw to both pedestals. Or if this actually a 60kw supercharger that will split that 60kw between both pedestals such that if there were 2 cars charging there, they might see less than 60kw.

I'm guessing that Tesla can set the maximum power or current or both on Supercharger Ports. They certainly do it during initial Supercharger testing.

Read more about the Karlskrona Fastcharger at Tesla Club Sweden:

Google Översätt

They are privately owned, but free access to all Tesla owners. They are limited to 60 kW due to simpler mains connection (100A 400V three-phase).
The TCS article also describes how to order your own, they cost around €60,000 for a pair.

The smart money is betting that Cott will be the first U.S. install at his "Hole In The Wall". :biggrin::biggrin:

Nope, but Salida would be nice. That would greatly help my Pagosa to Boulder and back commutes... Salida does call itself the "The Crossroads of the Rockies."

A crowd funding initiative got a Destination charger in Sheridan, WY paid for by Tesla. Maybe we should work on a Salida crowd funding initiative to prompt Tesla to put a Supercharger in Salida, CO. The riverfront picture in the Wiki link below is 2 blocks from the current 70-Amp J1772 at Wood's High Mountain Distillery, and near where a Supercharger would fit perfectly!

Salida, Colorado - Wikipedia

:smile: :wink: :biggrin:

The fast chargers are low cost items for business like restaurants. No reason a restaurant would benefit from offering supercharger. Business probably have the option of throttling even the fastcharger.

At $60k for a 60 kW HPWC, a CHAdeMO for $25k seems like a bargain and is compatible with more EV's.

To offer 50 kW to the car with either, takes a 150A/208V or a 70A/480V 3-Phase connection; that is the big issue.

Are those continuous currents? Specs for 50 kW CHAdeMO in the USA usually say a 200A circuit if using 208V triphase.

You are correct, I did not put in the 125% of continuous for conventional breakers.

That means to offer 50 kW to the car with either a throttled Supercharger or a CHAdeMO, takes a 200A/208V or a 90A/480V 3-Phase connection; that is the bigger issue.