Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my VIN - quick question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN# as an email.
But the email shows a black car. I asked for blue.
Do I panic or this is normal? Thanks!

Congrats man! That's awesome! I would definitely take a look on My Tesla and check your design. That should be what is in their system. The Email I received for confirmation matched exactly my order - however it didn't have the Model (70D,S85, 85D) in the Email. So I jumped on My Tesla and just checked there. All good. Locked and loaded now!

I got my VIN# as an email.
But the email shows a black car. I asked for blue.
Do I panic or this is normal? Thanks!

Don't panic.

That happened to us. We ordered the discontinued Dark Blue "off menu." Until it was updated by Fremont, the color displayed as Midnight Silver. Check with your Sales Associate to make sure.

We are picking up our Dark Blue 70D today, 41 days after confirmation.

Max*, Chris, My Tesla shows the right config :)

Ace, I ordered mine last Monday. It said late June, but DS said early July (I think he was tempering my expectations), but looks like late June is when I'll get it, unfortunately no time to sell my car (literally soon as I get back to the US, I have to sell my current car grr..ok well whatever!). Actually the insurance on two cars isn't terrible. I am almost thinking, I may even keep two cars through the winter, and not put tesla out in the snow .. not sure yet!

Jiminy, I think Blue is the nicest color Tesla has right now. I personally like it better, head and shoulders above, any other color. It looks bright blue in bright sunlight, but almost looks like a jewel shining different colors in different light. All other colors are too monotone comparitively. Blue is gorgeous, Tesla could have easily priced this blue above the multicoat red IMO.

I also think Tesla is selling a lot of these blues :)
Also, Tesla made a lot of showroom blues (inventory), so you'll see lots of blue inventory deals at the end of the year (doesn't apply to us, but still..)

I also think Tesla is selling a lot of these blues :)
Also, Tesla made a lot of showroom blues (inventory), so you'll see lots of blue inventory deals at the end of the year (doesn't apply to us, but still..)

There were two Ocean Blue cars being prepped when we went in today for our orientation and delivery. It's a pretty blue but very similar to our daughter's SRX. The dark (discontinued) blue is very elegant and looks gorgeous with the tan leather.

I am very happy with our choice. An amazing car!

You are FINE!!! Just connect with your DS and create a great relationship. You will get everything you need. I most certainly did and have zero complaints.

Welcome to the anxious waiters! It will end and it is completely worth it!

That only applies if your DS is responsive. Lots of people here have a hard time getting in touch with their DS's ;)

One week after confirmation I hadn't received any email about my VIN, but I have one online. Is that normal?

Yes I think that is normal. I don't think I got an email either. I followed most of the progress on the My Tesla page. Everything came together in the end. The biggest hurdle was getting a title from the lender so we could sell our Cadillac. The Tesla rep even called the lender for us! More than I would have expected.

One other her thing not to worry about. If the website goes back to in queue after production, it's a website anomaly. It will eventually switch to in transit.

I found I got much better responses by leaving texts for our DS rather than trying to call him.

Congratulations on your order. You will love the car.