Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mine Came In the Mail !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeL

some guy
Jan 24, 2013
Little packages of Legos started coming in the mail.

image.jpg

My son, from very far away said,"yeah, hang on to those for me."
Then this

image.jpg

some of you will recognize the format

image.jpg

the "don't skip ahead" turned out to be important because as soon as I got to the doors, I knew what I had ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So in the style of this sub forum to date: looks like the nose cone is, in fact, gone. And no place for a front license plate :rolleyes: also, no third row at all! The trailer hitch is hidden therefore probably "active" maybe magnetic. Designer says that the rear piece/bumper is rare so could be a production bottleneck, but the roof and frunk are the SAME piece which will streamline the process. The license plate is definately one of a kind.

image.jpg

more ... the wing doors are pretty difficult to open, the tip of a blade at the hinge as a lever works ok, and they close too far if you push. The trouble with early builds, right!? Plenty of room for a rack though! Wonder how they'll do in the snow. Hahahahaha

Last edited:
A little boxy for my taste.

They are called "bricks" after all. The CoD is probably somewhat higher than optimum.

& in the spirit of free and open, I'll scan the whole instruction book -12 pages including cover - and post a link. Stand by
image.jpg
keep in mind, sourcing parts for a new model car may present some challenges :smile: