Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Destination Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While on a trip to the Custer, SD Tesla rally on May 15th I made a detour on the trip back to Tacoma through Idaho. Now while Idaho politics might not be friendly to Tesla, the people certainly are and the scenery is great for a drive. We left the Missoula Super Charger with a full charge and headed SW on Hwy 12 deep into the center of Idaho. This is an absolutely beautiful drive, probably the most scenic part of our trip except the area around Custer. We ended up at a small B&B called Reflections Inn just outside Kooskia, ID. I had called the folks at the Reflections Inn before I made the trip asking if they had any outside outlets and after a days wait they called back saying that yes, they had a 14-50 near a shed that was accessible, however no one had ever used the outlet, let alone charge an EV, so they were very excited to know a Tesla was on the way. We arrived with plenty of charge left and plugged in. There is no cell service in this area so I could not check on the charging through the night so early next morning I rushed out the check the progress. Our Model S had dropped the rate to 30 amps with a warning about voltage however the owners thought it was just the local power utility claiming the power flickers a lot in the area. So, we were able to charge back to 100%, just a little slower than expected. I advised the owners of this very nice B&B to put their site on Plug Share since there are very few shown in Idaho.

I thought this would be a good place to start a thread on destination charging in Idaho since there is little on Plug Share in the state. Do you have a favorite spot to visit in Idaho?

Great story. I haven't been to Idaho recently but did once go to the Bleckley Inn in Anderson, SC which is about midway between Atlanta and Charlotte. They are very friendly and have an 80 A Tesla Wall Connector there. It was a great experience overall and the hotel has a nice, modern design.