Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

help anyone ever gone to Moncton n.b.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's either 820 km or 880 km from the Drummondville supercharger to Moncton, depending on whether you go through Maine or not. Are there enough places to charge? Yes. Are there enough to do it in a reasonable time? Not really. Unless the Riviere-du-Loup supercharger is completed (highly unlikely), you're looking at at least one overnight between the two places, plus another 4-6 hours of charging somewhere along the way.

PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car!
Superchargers

I am making the trip down to N.S. from Ottawa in the second half of June.  Hoping to get as far as Fredericton to stay overnight at a hotel with charging.  If I cannot make it that far either Edmunston on the shorter end or Grand Falls in between have hotels with chargers (at least according to Plugshare).  But certainly as stated above, you will need to stay in a hotel with charging on the way ... Anywhere from Riviere du Loup to Fredericton depending on how far you get.   Would highly recommend Doug_G's blog on this site on long distance tripping.

I... Are there enough to do it in a reasonable time? Not really. Unless the Riviere-du-Loup supercharger is completed (highly unlikely), you're looking at at least one overnight between the two places...

From Orillia, it's 1,584 km to Moncton, so many people would be stopping overnight even if the route were blanketed by Superchargers. I agree that you can't bank on the R-D-L Supercharger being open by then, but there will be CHAdeMO in Quebec City and La Pocatière by then. One possibility would be day one Orillia to Edmonston, NB. 1100 km. Overnight charge, then 500 km day two Edmonston to Moncton with a one-two hour recharge during lunch in Fredericton.

Richard, I drove out there two years ago...Sun Country had a new 100 amp charge station at a Tim Horton's just outside of Moncton (wasn't installed when I was passing through), and the Delta Hotel (Moncton) had a 90 amp charge station which worked fine...nice restaurant there as well...