Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

roadside service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled out of my office parking lot at 5:45 p.m. today and accelerated. I heard a loud "clunk" or "bang" and then had no power like the car was in neutral. I coasted to a stop in the bike lane and called roadside service. It took about 10 minutes to make contact. I was promised a flat bed would pick me up within the hour. After an hour I called again and was told they were running late it would be another 40 minutes. After 40 minutes still no flat bed. Now I am promised by roadside service it will be another 35 minutes. This is in southern California less than 20 miles from not one, but two service centers--roughly halfway between Costa Mesa and Torrance.

A local real estate guy stops and mentions he can't believe Tesla would let me sit by the side of the road half in traffic for more than two hours and suggests I call AAA. A coupe of pedestrians ask how come my fancy car stranded me. Fortunately the emergency flashers kept working. Finally at 9:15 p.m., 3.5 hours after I called roadside service a flat bed arrives. The roadside service guy called and offered to get me a ride home. I told him no thanks and had my wife pick me up, I am tired of waiting beside the road. I understand that Tesla does not control outside tow companies, but it is ridiculous that I had to wait 3.5 hours with my car marginally parked and me standing nearby on the sidewalk.

Wow, scary bad...

I pulled out of my office parking lot at 5:45 p.m. today and accelerated. I heard a loud "clunk" or "bang" and then had no power like the car was in neutral. I coasted to a stop in the bike lane and called roadside service. It took about 10 minutes to make contact. I was promised a flat bed would pick me up within the hour. After an hour I called again and was told they were running late it would be another 40 minutes. After 40 minutes still no flat bed. Now I am promised by roadside service it will be another 35 minutes. This is in southern California less than 20 miles from not one, but two service centers--roughly halfway between Costa Mesa and Torrance.

A local real estate guy stops and mentions he can't believe Tesla would let me sit by the side of the road half in traffic for more than two hours and suggests I call AAA. A coupe of pedestrians ask how come my fancy car stranded me. Fortunately the emergency flashers kept working. Finally at 9:15 p.m., 3.5 hours after I called roadside service a flat bed arrives. The roadside service guy called and offered to get me a ride home. I told him no thanks and had my wife pick me up, I am tired of waiting beside the road. I understand that Tesla does not control outside tow companies, but it is ridiculous that I had to wait 3.5 hours with my car marginally parked and me standing nearby on the sidewalk.