Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd annual Kansas City area Tesla Enthusiast's Club Brunch June 7, 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been one year since we first got together. Join us for our second annual get together at Lidia's for brunch in Downtown Kansas City near Union Station. Here is a link to the invitation.

We will swap stories, compare stats, and if we get enough people to reserve a private room, share photographs. When you RSVP that you are coming, you will receive an e-mail with instructions on where to send your photographs and stats.

Then, after we finish eating, someone suggested taking a cruise through the Plaza. For those interested, we could extend it even further and cruise past the Store/Service Center for the few who haven't been there yet and on out to the Independence supercharger. Here is a link to a suggested route.

Come on by. Brunch starts at noon; but, I'll be there before that to set up a projector. It looks like we are going to have a smaller group than last year so the more the merrier. You don't have to stay the whole time of course if you need to get going.

Safe travels.

A fun event

We had a better turn out for our second brunch than I expected. For those of you who couldn't make it, here is a run down....

I think there were 9 Teslas in Lidia's parking lot; although, I didn't get a chance to count before we left for the Independence supercharger. I also didn't get a chance to do a head count; but, I think there were about 25 people. Which is only slightly fewer than last year.

The brunch buffet Lidia's set up for us was awesome! Since we had enough people for a private room, we played Tesla themed music with everything from Tesla's Love Song, to Fast Car by Tracy Chapman, Electric Car by They Might Be Giants, and Electric Avenue by Eddy Grant. Several attendees sent photographs for a slideshow which gave a couple of us a chance to share stories about our epic road trips and tragic accidents. We also gave out awards, similar to last year. It is a bit cheesy; but, the kids in attendance love the competitions for awards (even the one's under 20) and it is really just an excuse to brag about one another's driving exploits and compare stats (e.g. longest trip award, lead foot award (highest avg Wh/mile), longest travel to the event, green foot award (lowest avg Wh/mile), etc... Plus the awards highlight the diverse excellence of the Model S which can be a gearhead's ultimate driving machine, a family road tripper, or an environmentalist early adopter's dream.

My younger son was stoked that we won the longest road trip award this year. After our 3 week trip with our 5 member family, gear for mountains, canyons, and the beach, as well as homeschooling supplies, we (and by we I mean my wife) deserve more than just a paper award!

After finishing up at Lidia's, we drove out to the Independence supercharger to see Liz off who won the longest travel to the event award for driving all the way from St. Louis! It was great to meet Liz in person. We filled up all 6 of the Independence supercharger spots for probably the first time ever.

IMG_5874.JPG

And, there were even two too many Teslas (Although, can you ever have too many Teslas?) for a total of 8 at the supercharger. The best part of the event was getting reacquainted with friends from our last get together and meeting new Tesla enthusiasts. It is always nice to talk Tesla and not have someone roll their eyes at you.

IMG_5875.JPG

Then, we tried to do a parade through the Plaza; but, due to some confusion over who was leading, it turned out to be just a few of us driving home through the Plaza rather than a true parade. Ah well, there is always next time...