Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO in Leavenworth/Wenatchee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the one in Leavenworth a month ago. We used it twice, the first time a Leaf was just leaving. It charged at 45 kw around 150-160 mph. It's a nice place to park since most spots around there were full or had to pay.

The rt 2 drive to Leavenworth is very EV friendly.

- The aforementioned chademo in Leavenworth.
- There's also a Clipper Creek 90 at Icicle Village Resort. Puts on about 50 MPH. It's on the west end of town next to Icicle Rd. And, it's free.
- Another good one is the CC90 at the 59er Diner at Coles Corner about 20 minutes before you get to Leavenworth. 50 MPH and free.
- chademo in Sultan
- chademo is Skykomish
- chademo in Wentachee at the convention center
- CC90 at the Pybus Market in Wenatchee. 50 MPH and free.

Plus, Rt 2 is almost as good as the North Cascades Highway for scenery.

I90 is pretty good too.
- chademo at the North Bend outlet malls
- chademo at Snoqualmie.

Plug Share is your friend.

Last edited:
I use both of these on a frequent basis. All the Aerovironment EV-50 L3 units seem to charge at about 145 - 155 miles of range per hour. This is always dependent on how near to full SOC your battery is when you connect. I have found these to be very reliable units, unfortunately the units that are here now are all we are going to get according to their marketing team. I also like the Aerovironment monthly $19.95/month unlimited use plan because you can suspend the subscription for the winter months. We are averaging 10.8 cents / kWh with this plan with one month with several trips to the Seattle/Everett area the cost per kWh was only 6 cents...

Forgive my ignorance -- delivery tomorrow so I'm on a steep learning curve on the public charging side of things.

Which providers (Blink, ChargePoint, Aerovironment, others???) would you recommend Washington EV drivers look into?

I have Blink and ChargePoint. I've only used them a couple of times in the last 2 years. The cards were free so it doesn't hurt to sign up. Don't know if that's changed. While they are all over the place, neither network is terribly well thought out and has poor reliability and charge speed. Not terribly cost effective, either.

Aerovironment costs whether you use them or not so I would only sign up if you are sure you will be using them. They seem to be a lot better placed and have the chademo chargers. I think you can get one time charge by making a phone call and giving your CC number.

When I first got my Tesla, I was concerned about needing to be able to charge everywhere I went (range anxiety) but that faded inside of a few weeks. I basically charge at home and on super chargers. I've used the CC90s on the cascade loop and some chargers at hotels and resorts on road trips. Some relatives live around Wentachee so we go that way a fair amount. I got the chademo adapter but have yet to have the opportunity to use it. You can always find a charge.

The Icicle Creek charger served us fantastically well for the long weekend. We were apparently the only EV there this weekend, though my kids did see one other Tesla passing through town on the 3rd.

We don't have dual chargers, and haven't had the need to look at the CHAdeMO adapters, yet. Had to live with about 24 miles/hr. Left a note with my number on the dashboard for any other EV users while I was charging, but didn't hear from anyone.