Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla Model P85D -- Pearl White, FULL LOADED, Full Xpel, 3M Tints + more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

island

Fairfield County / NYC
Nov 15, 2014
CT
2015 Tesla Model P85D -- Pearl White, FULL LOADED, Full Xpel, 3M Tints + more

Fully loaded 2015 Pearl White P85D, just purchased in February. The only option not purchased are the 3rd row seats which took up valuable trunk space. The only reason I'm selling is because I just started a new job in NYC so commuting everyday is easier via Metro North than driving.

Little over 5,000 miles. Car is fully wrapped with Xpel Ultimate from AfterFX in Stamford, CT. It also has 70% 3M Crystalline tint on the windshield and 20% 3M Color Guard tint around the sides and rear. Always garaged.

Throwing in all accessories I purchased afterwards. Includes Tesla wall charger, and the 220v heavy duty extension cable with about 6 adapters that go with it.

Thanks for looking!

List Date: 5/29/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2015 Tesla Model P85D -- Pearl White, FULL LOADED, Full Xpel, 3M Tints + more
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $130,700.00 (Local Pickup Only)

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

cf51c6b6-06bb-4fd0-beb9-4c9e2cdb866f.JPG
2ab125be-67a6-45b0-aee8-30f09d1ce93a.JPG
bd8c0a61-f26f-4d50-a125-bfb2e4fb759c.jpg
ef5597a8-a07c-480c-bc21-fa1a50bef868.JPG
aae61f1a-9d0d-45bd-99d3-1d2511d54a60.JPG
f1217d46-dcbb-494b-ab13-b4c8fa87c633.jpg

Price with similar options if ordered new.

Model S P85D105,000
All-Wheel DriveIncluded
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint1,500
All Glass Panoramic Roof1,500
19" WheelsIncluded
Black Next Generation Seats2,500
Carbon Fiber Décor1,000
Black Alcantara HeadlinerIncluded
Carbon Fiber Spoiler1,000
Tesla Red Brake CalipersIncluded
Autopilot Convenience Features2,500
Premium Interior and Lighting3,000
Smart Air Suspension2,500
Ultra High Fidelity Sound2,500
Subzero Weather Package1,000
Destination and Regulatory Doc Fee1,200
Dual Charger2,000
Wall Connector750
Extension Cord 160
Xpel Ultimate ????
Total cost if purchased new128,110
Federal Tax Rebate -7,500
Total after rebate120,610
Age depreciation 3 % of 128,110-3843
Mileage depreciation-5000
Net$ 111,767
Let me know if I made any mistakes.

Last edited:
Actually, the inventory vehicle discount formula is 2%/mo and $1/mile based upon the MSRP (not inc destination fee) at time of sale. Then the federal and state discounts still apply.

For this vehicle, it would be $129,300 * 0.92 - $5000 = $113,956 - $7,500 = $106,546.

There are several Tesla inventory P85Ds available around the $110-115k price point, and since these vehicles have not been registered, the buyer will get the federal tax credit and any applicable state rebates.

The window tint and Xpel would need to be negotiated but usually price paid for aftermarket modifications is lost at the time of resale.

I'd say a price around $107,000-110,000 would be very fair for this vehicle. I'd be interested! :)

Actually, the inventory vehicle discount formula is 2%/mo and $1/mile based upon the MSRP (not inc destination fee) at time of sale. Then the federal and state discounts still apply.

For this vehicle, it would be $129,300 * 0.92 - $5000 = $113,956 - $7,500 = $106,546.

There are several Tesla inventory P85Ds available around the $110-115k price point, and since these vehicles have not been registered, the buyer will get the federal tax credit and any applicable state rebates.

The window tint and Xpel would need to be negotiated but usually price paid for aftermarket modifications is lost at the time of resale.

I'd say a price around $107,000-110,000 would be very fair for this vehicle. I'd be interested! :)

Sounds right.

My 2c -

First c -
130 might be a very high asking price, but there are two things you should consider in your calcuation -

#1. Inventory cars also will charge the $1200 fee.
#2. The XPEL and HPWC and Tint are around $5-6K. That is $6500 in extras. And I don't think "after market mods are lost at the time of resale" - especially if those aftermarket mods are something you want. You are not going to buy a new P85D and not protect it? Are you? And lets say you do not want to protect it - then buy a different P85D by all means.

Second c -

Come to think of it, if the person spent $5K protecting the car, MAYBE the car is in good shape?
On the other hand, inventory cars are super abused. Comparing them to a single owner car, especially someone who took care of the car, is just not a fair comparison.

Just walk to the closest Tesla showroom, and see who sits in them with their chewing gum and ice cream, and how they treat the car. Yeah thats what you'll be buying. If not that, you'll be buying the test drive car outside, that sits in dirt all day, except when it is raced 10 times a day. A P85D raced especially by people who will never buy it, but are in for a free joyride.

Make a fair offer to the seller, you might find yourself behind the wheel of a P85D for cheap.
Or keep trolling these forums with lowball offers. Thats cool too.

Last edited:
On the other hand, inventory cars are super abused. Comparing them to a single owner car, especially someone who took care of the car, is just not a fair comparison.

Just walk to the closest Tesla showroom, and see who sits in them with their chewing gum and ice cream, and how they treat the car. .

Absolutely not true. They are far from being "super abused". We're not talking about kids out test driving the latest Camaro...we're talking about much more affluent people test driving a luxury car (on using one as a loaner). and most loaners are limited to 70 mph.

Most people I've talked to who got inventory cars got them in like-new condition, including me. My P85+ had 8000 miles on it and was 8 months old when I bought it. Except for one tiny chip on the hood, it was indistinguishable from a new car. In addition, my factory warranty starts on the date and mileage I got the car adding those additional 8000 miles and 8 months. So I think your examples are much more the rare exception than the rule, and inventory cars are actually great deals for cars in excellent condition.

Absolutely not true. They are far from being "super abused". We're not talking about kids out test driving the latest Camaro...we're talking about much more affluent people test driving a luxury car (on using one as a loaner). and most loaners are limited to 70 mph.

Most people I've talked to who got inventory cars got them in like-new condition, including me. My P85+ had 8000 miles on it and was 8 months old when I bought it. Except for one tiny chip on the hood, it was indistinguishable from a new car. In addition, my factory warranty starts on the date and mileage I got the car adding those additional 8000 miles and 8 months. So I think your examples are much more the rare exception than the rule, and inventory cars are actually great deals for cars in excellent condition.

Okay I just double checked, They don't do an affluence test before letting you test drive the car.
Also with all those P85D videos on youtube, lots of people want to test drive it - just to experience it, and feign interest.
I know a few of them personally (sorry to say). And yes they floored it, they were all laughs, and they will never buy it.

You may have lucked out, but go stand at the local Tesla store or the parking lot where the cars are, and see who sits in those cars, and who test drives them. Loaners are limited to 85mph btw, not 70.

Never said inventory cars aren't a great deal. But if you are looking for pristine, inventory is not pristine.
You did say you had a chip on the hood :)

Plus right now, inventory D's are slim pickin's anyway. I know, because I checked. There were a few D's with maybe 2-4K discount, all with options I definitely didn't want. There was ONE S85 (not D) with Autopilot. It had a 11K discount, but was loaded with options and was basically the same price as a new D (I didn't want all those options).

Anyway, my whole point is, people discounting a full xpel wrap for zero dollars .. is JUST not fair.
Hank you'll be a Tesla seller one day too, you want to be treated fairly right? These lowball offers are a negative inertia on the universe.

I know a few of them personally (sorry to say). And yes they floored it, they were all laughs, and they will never buy it.

So what? The car is designed and built for that, and really doesn't degrade or diminish the value or performance, You just can't make blanket, generalized negative statements about inventory cars like that when most inventory cars sold dont even come close to your description. My car had one tiny chip on it, but for the significant discount I got. It was well worth it.

So what? The car is designed and built for that, and really doesn't degrade or diminish the value or performance, You just can't make blanket, generalized negative statements about inventory cars like that when most inventory cars sold dont even come close to your description. My car had one tiny chip on it, but for the significant discount I got. It was well worth it.

We are arguing about the color of the elephant's tail, while missing the fact that there is no elephant to argue over.

My whole point is, the guys here are lowballing at 110K.
There are NO Inventory P85D's with a 20K discount right now. Maybe in 2 years, but not today.
Plus, yes inventory cars can be great deals, but they don't compare to a babied full XPEL wrapped car.

The 110K offer is hella lowball, is all I'm sayin'! Agree with you in inventory being awesome deals.

Actually, not true at all. $110k is a very fair price for this car. Not a low ball offer at all.

Like all cars, Tesla's depreciate. Unfortunately, they depreciate at about 20%/yr for the first 2 yrs.

The inventory vehicles have set the values for the preowned market. These cars are reconditioned to be in like-new condition at the time of delivery. In spite of the "abuse" that these cars may have suffered, the full vehicle warranty is set at the time of delivery including the 8-yr/unlimited mileage power train warranty. So, if for some reason the car was driven excessively hard, the power train is still covered for a full 8 yrs. At my last inquiry a couple of months ago, there were 4 white P85D inventory vehicles available, each with about a $10-12k discount.

I would also argue that a preowned P85D has been driven hard by its prior owner, even if it only has 5000 miles on it. I doubt anyone owning a P85D would not accelerate to the full potential of the car and do it frequently! :)

Also, the federal tax credit and state rebates still apply for the buyers of these unregistered inventory vehicles, further sweetening the deal.

Obviously the market does not support the price this car is being offered at currently, otherwise it would have sold. If this seller wishes to sell the car, it needs to be listed at a price around $110,000.

A used car is still a used car. It will not ever sell at the same price as a new car. Cars are unfortunately depreciating assets. Tesla P85Ds included. My 2 cents... ;)

Last edited:
Why do classified ad posts become a soap opera? I think the mod's should lock the ads and prevent replies, that is how they are handled in wristwatch forums. Everyone has to chime in with their expert opinions on price and its always "your price is to high".
I spent 4 weeks looking at demos and loaners in multiple Telsa locations, all the ones I looked at except the ones with under 1000 miles showed lots of wear. Curbed wheels, seat wear, interior scratches etc... were all the norm. As far as discounts go, some had $14,000-16,000 off. The ones with the largest discounts had the most miles and wear.

Id gladly pay a few bucks more for a car that is pristine and has some extras already installed.

Right... more miles = more wear = more discount. Buyers fall all over this spectrum. I see both sides of this argument. This car is beautiful and worth a lot. But, buyers will critique/counter and if owner does not want to bargain, why post here? Also, I think it's difficult to give full retail value for PPF and tint on a used car.

Why do classified ad posts become a soap opera? I think the mod's should lock the ads and prevent replies, that is how they are handled in wristwatch forums. Everyone has to chime in with their expert opinions on price and its always "your price is to high".
I spent 4 weeks looking at demos and loaners in multiple Telsa locations, all the ones I looked at except the ones with under 1000 miles showed lots of wear. Curbed wheels, seat wear, interior scratches etc... were all the norm. As far as discounts go, some had $14,000-16,000 off. The ones with the largest discounts had the most miles and wear.

Id gladly pay a few bucks more for a car that is pristine and has some extras already installed.

Couldn't agree more!

There's one, that just went off Ebay. The bid only got to $100k, and it didn't meet the reserve. I think few tried, because it didn't show up if you searched "Tesla". It did under "P85D". The OPs car is more optioned (has a sunroof, etc.). GLWS!