Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ocala to Savannah Route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model S 85D that was delivered earlier this month. If I start with a full charge in Ocala, any suggestions on routing and length of the charging stops? Also, I will need to tool around Savannah on arrival and eventually go to Macon. So I will need to get to the "Savannah" (airport) supercharger so I have the ability to run errands thereafter. Many thanks!

It's 240 miles between the Ocala and Savannah Superchargers. A long way doable only at lower speeds. If you have a CHADeMO adapter there is Greenlots charger at the JEA Building on Main St. downtown. Or Ocala-Palatka-St. Augustine for the St. Augustine Supercharger. Depending on how much driving around Savannah you might need to re charge leaving to go to Macon. Savannah has Level 2 chargers at the Visitor Center, Forysth Park, and Whitaker St. garage. There is also a new Greenlots CHADeMO charger at Johnson Square a block south of city hall.

Yes - go through the forest via 40, and either jump on 19 up to Palatka then across 16 to the outlet center and recharge, or stay on 40 over to just north of Deland, then up the road to St. Augustine and the outlet center for a recharge. We do both from Mt. Dora all the time. Plus - your "Pucker Factor" will be much less than driving on 10 and 95 :)