Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

British Columbia Personalized Plates and Trim Ring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First world problems I know...

The pretty plastic 'Tesla' plate trim ring obscures my registration information as shown in the photo. Anyone seen a trim ring for Tesla that doesn't do this? Plate looks pretty pathetic without something around the outside...

Also realized they only used two screws to affix my plate at delivery, meaning there are holes at the bottom that could take screws... but I don't have them. Guess I'll have to poke around to find the same size, but the ones they supplied look different - perhaps to prevent rusting.

IMG_20150525_123950 (1).jpg

First world problems I know...

The pretty plastic 'Tesla' plate trim ring obscures my registration information as shown in the photo. Anyone seen a trim ring for Tesla that doesn't do this? Plate looks pretty pathetic without something around the outside...

Also realized they only used two screws to affix my plate at delivery, meaning there are holes at the bottom that could take screws... but I don't have them. Guess I'll have to poke around to find the same size, but the ones they supplied look different - perhaps to prevent rusting.
I had a custom one done that's basically the same size as the Telsa standard. But they do make thin ones:
Elite Stainless Steel License Plate Frame - AutoPlates.com
Classic Lite Chrome License Plate Frame - AutoPlates.com

Don't you left coast tree huggers have Green plates like us here in Ontari,ari, ari-o?
Because, being 'left coast tree-huggers', the green plates are implied and assumed! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Places like Canadian Tire and such carry chrome plate frames that look almost exactly like the Tesla ones except the bottom edge is blank and the same thickness as the other three sides. That should work for you...
Yeah, I'm thinking that's what I'll have to do. I was hoping for another version of the Tesla trim that had the cutout, but included the badging. But I can live with a regular ring if that's my only choice!

- - - Updated - - -

Same on mine - two upper screws only, dates obscured.
Huh. And no issues from the local constabulary? I understood the stickers had to be clearly visible, with the small registration number at the bottom showing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I think I'm stuck with a basic one. With 'Tesla' on the car just above the license plate anyway, perhaps there's no need to advertise it on the trim ring too. I'll have a look at lunch today.

Thanks for all the comments.