Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have a problem of work with the European Space Agency........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem of work with the European Space Agency (ESA) that I don't manage to solve. My story has also been published by an Italian newspaper. I report the article for reference:

L'UnitÃ* - Edizione Nazionale - 20/05/2013 - l'Unit.it

The article is in Italian but it can be easily translated in English by using Google. As some American friends told me this story is not concerning a procedure of firing (in fact I resigned they didn't fire me) but is concerning a procedure of corruption. My American friends told me: "They wanted you to become crooked"

After having read my story on the above mentioned newspaper the Director General of the Italian Space Agency (ASI) and a Member of the Italian Parliament (Head of the Board of the Italian Parliament treating work related problems) wrote a letter to the Head of Personnel at the ESA Headquarter in Paris asking to ESA to work out my situation.

Now the Head of Personnel of ESA has answered to me by sending me a long email (in copy also to the Director General of ASI and to the Member of the Italian Parliament). In this email the Head of Personnel of ESA, after having mentioned my parents saying that she is sorry for the fact that I lost them, says at least 3 things that are not true to the purpose of giving (false) evidences concerning my situation to the Director General of ASI and to the Member of the Italian Parliament.

I think that this behaviour of the Head of Personnel of ESA saying lies on my situation to the purpose of working out the situation in the interest of ESA after having mentioned my parents that I lost is very offensive and I feel very frustrated for this. But I know that this is a normal behaviour in ESA. When I worked in ESA my Head very often told me: "Raffaele you have got to learn to live in the jungle" (meaning that in ESA it's a jungle I guess).

I have debunked the letter of the Head of Personnel of ESA and in some hours I will send my reply to her (in copy to the Director General of ASI and to the Member of the Italian Parliament).

Started this thread as I usually do when I see things that are not good. Any ideas of TMC Members on this matter are welcome.

I'm a bit confused. It seems to relate to events that happened almost 30 years ago, so why the newspaper article and letters now?

Actually the facts continued till to 1997. In fact also in other Companies I had other problems having the same purpose that I mentioned at the beginning of my first post. So I lost my job in 1997 for the same reason that I lost it in 1987. In fact the employee of the Personnel Department of Marconi (another Company working in the telecom field) said that I lost my job in 1987 and 1997 for the same reason.

Then after 1997 I have always been trying to restart to work with negative results because the problems of work that I had were too serious.

My story has been published on the newspaper only lately because a friend of mine became Director of a newspaper.

It looks like the newspaper article was something that Raffy submitted himself. Raffy, is this similar to what we in the States call 'Letter to the Editor'?

Yes exactly. In Italy we call this kind of letter published the newspaper 'Letter to the newspaper'.
In Italy it's not easy to get this kind of letter published by a newspaper but I managed to get it published because the Director of the newspaper at that time was a friend of mine.

Anyway today my situation is getting better. I talked to the Director General of ASI (Italian Space Agency) and I found out that in ASI they are going to help me to get a meeting with ESA to work out my situation.

Raffy it is next to impossible to understand properly your situation as the different culture, language, lack of details are all clouding the issue and making understanding quite difficult. What I can understand quite clearly is that you are going through some hard times. Hang in there, work it out and perhaps move on if possible. The last one - moving on- is my preferred solution to unsolvable situations, but surely you will make a choice that works best for you.

I watched 'Gomorrah' and it left lasting impact on me. Roberto Saviano was 26 when he wrote the book, and I found that so out of this world that someone so young can write a book like that. I am not suggesting that your situation has any similarities to the movie as I do not fully understand your situation, but that book (and movie) speak about some entrenched dark powers in Italian society and people caught up in circumstances that they can not control or change and how terrifying that is.

Fighting corruption from the bottom up is likely to be a losing battle. I am not saying that it is an unworthy battle, but life goes on and we all choose the best way to spend our time. Surely you will make your choices work for you. All the best.

What I can understand quite clearly is that you are going through some hard times.

That's right. Hope to get out of this nightmare soon.

Nice to see that you understood me.

- - - Updated - - -

Fighting corruption from the bottom up is likely to be a losing battle. I am not saying that it is an unworthy battle, but life goes on and we all choose the best way to spend our time.

You got the main point!

But lately things are changing in Italy. That's why I hope to work out my situation.

- - - Updated - - -

All the best.

Thank you very much for your wish Auzie. For me it's important that you and all my TMC friends are close to me in this difficult period.

On Monday I will talk to the person in ASI who is in charge to work out my situation. Hope to work out the situation quickly to start a new life.

Hmmm, a new life seems to be hinged on the uncertain risky outcome.

Looking from afar, there is no need to wait for any outcome to start a new life.

My experience is that once a new life is started, all that used to matter in the old life quickly fades away and disappears into oblivion.

It was difficult to leave stuff behind the first few times, that stuff is clingy, or I was clingy, but then I got hooked onto a great feeling of leaving all rubbish behind and lately I am able to start a new life every day. It feels good every day that yesterday, good or bad, really does not matter. Perhaps it works for me because I expect future to be much better than the past. It may not work for you, but it might be worth giving it a try.

Good luck Raffy.

Last edited:
@Auzie

I meant a new life from an econonomic point of view. In fact I would like to buy a Tesla car, a solar farm, a new apartment in Rome and so on. This would be a positive change in my life.

Good luck Raffy.

Thank you very much for your wish Auzie. :smile:

Maybe that if I manage to work out my situation in time we could meet at Connect in July and become friends not only on TMC.

I have just spoken to the person in ASI who is in charge to work out my situation. He will try to arrange a meeting between me and ESA to work out my situation. The meeting (if ESA will accept to come to the meeting) will be kept in ASI in Rome or in ESA/ESRIN in Frascati.

Now let's cross the fingers and hope that everything will be ok soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.