Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Charging in Myrtle Beach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there last summer, and charging was pretty scarce overall at the time, but we managed just fine. I called ahead to several properties and found just a couple that were willing to let me plug in to 120V outlets, which ended up being enough for our 3-day stay. I do think it would be difficult to make it from Lumberton to Myrtle Beach and back without some form of destination charging, unless you don't plan to drive anywhere within Myrtle Beach.

We ended up at Beach Cove Resort and successfully charged at a reduced rate after tripping their breaker once. They were open to EVs charging but didn't really have good infrastructure in place for it. We were satisfied overall though, and we'd consider staying there again.

Since our trip, it looks like the Caribbean Resort and the Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites became Tesla Destination Charging partners; those would likely be the first places I'd try to book next time we go back.

Other options we considered were the Avista Resort (offered outlets in their garage for no fee), Dunes Village Resort ($25/day to charge), and Bay Watch Resort ($8/day to charge).

If you already have a reservation somewhere, I suggest asking if there's an outlet available for you to charge overnight, and I further suggest adding the property to PlugShare if you do successfully charge when you're there.

There are a couple public L2 chargers as well, according to PlugShare, which I kept in mind as backup options but ended up not needing them. There's also a Nissan dealer with L3 but the latest PlugShare comment says it's down.