Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody put altezza or clear tail lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attached a few pics of what I am talking about. Any ideas?
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg

Is it not a sealed LED based unit? Not sure about Europe, but the Australian version has red for stop lights and Amber turning signals. Perhaps you could swap them out for a set of these? All red not permitted in Australia design rules for automobiles. Ours look quite attractive.

Is it not a sealed LED based unit? Not sure about Europe, but the Australian version has red for stop lights and Amber turning signals. Perhaps you could swap them out for a set of these? All red not permitted in Australia design rules for automobiles. Ours look quite attractive.
The European version does, but the wiring harnesses are different. Worse, since the charge ports are also different, even if you adapted the harnesses, it still wouldn't fit. Maybe Australian parts would work, I'm not familiar with those.

Far as I know, our cars and English/ Hong Kong are all much the same. Our charge port is Mennekes type 2 same as Europe. Main difference is that it will take 3 phase power. So 420 volt 32 amp gives us 20 odd kW. Much the same as USA with 80 amp. How the arithmetic works with 3 phase is a little different. Not sure how all that ties in with a different loom for tail lights though. I would have expected that part of the loom to be the same. 12 volt to run the light cluster?