Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mountain View, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received this email:

Hi,

Mountain View, CA USA has a supercharger installation under construction that I personally saw last week. It’s located in the Computer History Museum parking lot off 101 and Shoreline. In addition, they have a permit from Mountain View. Unclear yet how many stalls, but perhaps only 2. I only could see one Supercharger module. The pedestals are not in yet.

Superchargers

Computer History Museum

1401 N Shoreline Blvd
Mountain View, CA 94043

Reactions: MarcoRP
Just stopped by. Here are pics. EDIT: Will be interesting to see how this one works. Great location, except traffic is about the worst possible during the week due to Google.
MoutainView_Supercharger_Contstruction_2.jpg

EDIT: NOT 6 stalls. Looks like 12. Was hard to see over construction fence and security was eyeballing me, so I left quickly after snapping pics.

Attachments

• MoutainView_Supercharger_Contstruction.jpg
    MoutainView_Supercharger_Contstruction.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 2,731
Last edited:
Damn...I was hoping for the REI/Best Buy shopping center on Charleston... :cool:

Googling shouldn't be a huge problem since there are so many chargers on the Google campus (why wouldn't you charge at work?), but as noted, traffic can be a disaster, especially in the mornings.

Just stopped by. Here are pics. EDIT: Will be interesting to see how this one works. Great location, except traffic is about the worst possible during the week due to Google.
View attachment 82004

EDIT: NOT 6 stalls. Looks like 12. Was hard to see over construction fence and security was eyeballing me, so I left quickly after snapping pics.

Ignore my earlier comment.
This is Cool! Looks like Elon is indeed about to end range anxiety! :smile:

This site is close to completion. Here are more pictures!!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The superchargers and the utility cabinets are in place. Bi-directional battery packs also from what I could tell. I didn't see a transformer but it maybe an underground connection.

So... What's there?

Drove over to do some neighborhood scouting today as I live a mere 5 miles from the site. Although this means I will not be charging there myself (except once as I collect charging sites for my "Visited Chargers" list in the Nav system :smile: , I thought it would be appreciated by others passing through the area.

At first I thought there wouldn't be much there besides the Computer History Museum. There's more than I expected though!! All within a few minutes walking distance.

Directly across the parking lot:
  • The Computer History Museum. Seems to be a great place to spend some time for combined Tesla/computer nerds like myself! I'm embarrassed to admit I've never been there though. Gotta change that now! I understand they have a Google Self Driving Car on display! Makes me wonder if there's something on Tesla's battery technology rise to fame as well?

Directly across the street on Pear Ave:
  • A 7-Eleven
  • A Starbucks
  • An Italian restaurant called Cucina Vente. Looks VERY nice and inviting from the outside!! I bet they'll be happy to see Tesla clientele visiting their restaurant! Now that I know of its existence, I'll definitely try it out one of these days!
  • A place called The Voya Restaurant. I'm guessing they haven't opened their business yet though as the windows were still blinded. The website looks very nice though. I understand it to be a sister restaurant of the Cucina Vente. It seems there was a Quiznos Sub here before (that's what the street-side sign indicates) but they must have gone out of business.

Across the street on Shoreline Blvd:
  • A Century 16 movie theater - guess Hollywood will have to start making movies no more than ~45min in length...
  • A Bar called Sports Page. A Silicon Valley icon! Has been there as long as I can remember.
  • A Subway
  • Hon Sushi
  • Zareen's - Pakistani and Indian cuisine
  • A Gold's gym
  • A TOGO'S
  • Laser Quest

IMG_2021.JPG

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2010.JPG

I think most of us who lived/breathed/worked in Silicon Valley have never gone there. Would be sort of redundant with our life experience. Took me years to get to the tech museum in Downtown San Jose and I went there for an odd reason, that I can't remember now.

• The Computer History Museum. Seems to be a great place to spend some time for combined Tesla/computer nerds like myself! I'm embarrassed to admit I've never been there though.

This is a great location for those of us driving up to Silicon Valley and returning to southern points... nice to be able to charge in the valley.

Mind returning the favor and arrange for an SpC site in Monterrey or Carmel? :wink: It's 85 miles each way for me. Of course, I could always charge in Gilroy but I like to drive Hwy 17 and visit Santa Cruz on the way.

What would be even better is to have SpC's both nearby Carmel as well as San Simeon. That would fully open-up Hwy 1 from Carmel to San Luis Obispo. One of the most beautiful stretches of coastal highway in the world and a joy to drive in a Tesla!

Wow, nice find guys! I had no idea.

Yes, this is where the annual shareholders meeting will be next ,I th, and it is where the 2014 meeting was, which I was at.

I first went to the Computer History Museum a few years ago. I thought it was very interesting and quite well done.

Looks like these new Superchargers will be done in time for the upcoming shareholders meeting. Cool!