Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next gen REAR seats and 3rd row?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a very early P85D owner - one that did not originally get my next gen rear seats. My car is configured with 3rd row seats. I JUST had my next gen seats (including the rear seats) installed last week and once I got them home realized that the 3rd row is no longer functional. I can't latch the seats open as the latch is not there on the new next gen rear seats.

Does anyone else have this configuration? Did service just flub the install and forget something? Are next gen rear seats not compatible with the third row? (And if so why did Tesla sell me this configuration?)

image.jpg

Same thing happened to me. The latch connectors are built in to every set of rear seats, they just need to expose them and install a plate. They had forgotten to install mine since my original P85D "loaner" rear seats didn't have the latch connectors.

Well, Tesla did a good job correcting for this mistake. I sent them an email over the weekend and got a response first thing Tuesday morning (after the holiday). They sent a tech out to my job and updated the seats for me. Now everything is working great! Really impressed with how Tesla got all over this!