Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whistling noise at 80mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my model s and love it. However, I have noticed a high pitch whistling noise when I take Ito. The highway and go anything past 80mph.

i went to my tesla dealership and they looked into if any leaks and didn't find anything. It seems like it's coming from the pano roof. It's quite Annoying. Anyone else had this issue or know how to alleviate the problem ?

I just had a left side rear window whistle fixed. The problem was the window tracks weren't properly aligned so the top of the window didn't seal so over 70 or so it whistled. I was able to diagnose it by holding a flashlight right up to the glass over the seal and could see a small crack of light between the glass and seal.

Reactions: Southbend
I just took delivery of my model s and love it. However, I have noticed a high pitch whistling noise when I take Ito. The highway and go anything past 80mph.

i went to my tesla dealership and they looked into if any leaks and didn't find anything. It seems like it's coming from the pano roof. It's quite Annoying. Anyone else had this issue or know how to alleviate the problem ?

I had a "tea kettle" noise at freeway speeds when driving into a headwind. The issue was the front pano roof appliqué, which is the black plastic fascia that sits between the front of the pano roof and the top of the windshield. SC applied a service bulletin to install brackets underneath the appliqué that pulled downward and created a better seal. I'm not sure if your car has the same issue. This was over a year ago.