Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I ordered my baby today. Can't thank everyone here enough for all their input and support. Funny story though.

I was at the financial cap my wife set and needed to decide on the Air Suspension OR Premium Audio. When I was ordering, I selected only the Air Suspension and was ready to click "order" and she reached over, took the mouse from my hand, ALSO check the Premium Sound, and said, "Happy Birthday". I've got a great wife!

Thanks again to everyone for their advice and counsel!

Now the real wait begins, right? Only 101 days . . .

(signature line updated appropriately!)

Congrats Chris! After all that back and forth, lol at your wife. You think you will still add in the aftermarket subwoofer to the Premium Sound?

this is a good question, Cyclone. I've been driving a P85D since yesterday afternoon with the premium audio. It sounds OK if you turn the dolby off. I'm still not that impressed with the bass. I'm afraid if I get the premium audio, the wife won't let me put in the sub after spending the $2,500. Which makes me think maybe I'll delete it from the order and get the NVX aftermarket system.

But, at some point, my time is valuable too! Not sure yet. 100 days from today is my targeted delivery date . . . guh. :)

I'd say live with the upgraded sound a bit, and play with the settings to see if you can hit a sweet spot for you. You might find it works just fine, I get pretty good bass out of mine.

Congratulations, happy the day finally arrived (and happy birthday)!

down to how many hz does the premium system go before rolloff? anyone got a frequency curve?

This is a great question. It's missing the low end bass. No doubt. However, I'm not a fan of the way all the sound comes from the front.

I hate to make this statement, but the Bose system in my Volt is better all around than the premium sound in the P85D that I was driving this past weekend.