Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Wall Charger / Plugshare?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that those in the city would not necessarily share their wall charger for others to use because of a Supercharger nearby for example, however, those who are not in a major city, would you be willing to allow another Tesla owner the use of your Home Wall charger should they need some charge en-route to their destination? I intend to include my charger as being available to other Model S owners through contact via private email (for availability time and access) until destination chargers or plugshare becomes available close by.

Has anyone used the J1722 at Point Cook or Geelong which appear to be the only Plugshare available for my trip?

Is it okay to top up a a Nissan Dealership that has Plugshare?

Last edited:
Mine is on Plugshare (Bacchus Marsh, Victoria). Have shared with another owner who recently travelled from Wangaratta, Victoria to Adelaide (slow charging overnight at Motels x2). He is also on Plugshare in Wangaratta and has generously allowed me to charge at his place.
Come on everyone, get on board. Tesla owners tend not to be threatening people in my limited experience, so sharing charging is safe and helps extend our range. You get to meet like minded people too.

Reactions: bradjc
Mine is on Plugshare (Bacchus Marsh, Victoria). Have shared with another owner who recently travelled from Wangaratta, Victoria to Adelaide (slow charging overnight at Motels x2). He is also on Plugshare in Wangaratta and has generously allowed me to charge at his place.
Come on everyone, get on board. Tesla owners tend not to be threatening people in my limited experience, so sharing charging is safe and helps extend our range. You get to meet like minded people too.

Count me in ! HPWC, on solar PVs, in Warrnambool (the end of the Great Ocean Road), available via PM, once we return from overseas in Sept.

I understand that those in the city would not necessarily share their wall charger for others to use because of a Supercharger nearby for example, however, those who are not in a major city, would you be willing to allow another Tesla owner the use of your Home Wall charger should they need some charge en-route to their destination? I intend to include my charger as being available to other Model S owners through contact via private email (for availability time and access) until destination chargers or plugshare becomes available close by.

Has anyone used the J1722 at Point Cook or Geelong which appear to be the only Plugshare available for my trip?

Is it okay to top up a a Nissan Dealership that has Plugshare?

Brewster- your welcome to use my home wallcharger anytime, in saying that if your heading in to Melbourne and end up at my house you may have some serious problems with the Sat nav:biggrin:

Since our MPWC will be on a 10A circuit for now I expect there's not a lot of point in making that available to people, especially given our inner-city location and proximity to the far better option of the Richmond superchargers. If/when we upgrade the circuit I'll probably revisit if people think it might be useful. Certainly happy to do it in principle.

I've also been considering offering my NEMA14-50, well out of town, on PlugShare.....not sure if I would have any "takers", but it would be fun meeting other Tesla folks occasionally.
A bit tough for us Australians to take advantage of, though. Our cars STILL cannot swim! C'mon Elon, where is the amphibious mode you promised us? Coming with 8?

• Funny
Reactions: *KT* and RichardMcN

Hi @Redninja that's a great attitude and completely agree. I'm just up the road in Ballan and have mine listed, have had a traveller going Adelaide to Melbourne stop in and was more than happy to help them out with a top up. Until we get superchargers along the Western Hwy on that route you need to allow a bit of time for the trip to get a decent charge. Actually I almost got in touch with you a few weeks ago when coming back from a road trip and only had just enough to get home. I was worried because even though it's only 20 mins, Bacchus Marsh to Ballan is a 330 metre climb, so was my first real range anxiety moment! We pushed on though and took it easy and was no problem but almost gave you a call!