Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ORDERED!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FIRST OF ALL! HUGE THANKS to everyone on this forum.
It's been very educational, the experience and patience of many here is beyond any gesture of appreciation.

That said, after 3 years of studying, and few months of research, last month of utter crazy research, I've finally ordered my FIRST! Tesla Model S.
I shall call her "Blootiful" (You'll see why!)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Here's what I got,
- 85D (I was gunning for 70d, but then my finger slipped, whatever!)
- Blue (blootiful, isn't she! Don't steal the name pls! She'z MINE!)
- Pano roof
- Tan next gen
- Piano Black
- Autopilot thingamajig
- Subzero doohickey
- Premium interior with black alacantra.

I'm also going to order that Center Console.
Now I need to get that plug fitted in the garage.

Insurance quotes on D's were about 150 bucks higher than "S" for me (every 5 months).
Are you seeing the same?

O'boy! I need a lie down!
I'm so excited! I just can't hide it.

Me right now--> http://i.imgur.com/vyPIi9M.gifv

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PS: You do have good taste chriSharek!

If that's still you at delivery, I highly recommend getting a very dark window tint... :cool:

Congrats!

HAHAHA! :) TRUST ME, Its going to be worse!
But, I've spent enough time on these fourms, researching etc. I'm going to go on "autopilot" until delivery.
I asked for Late June, I hope they don't delay it too much .. I can handle July but I'm leaving for Europe in August for work. Grrr!

In all seriousness, I'm not a huge fan of tints. I mean, it looks good on white, but other colors, and the all blacked out look .. is just not my thing!
I guess people are gonna have to put up with looking at me! :-/

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats!!

Thank you Cyclone! :)
We should race sometime! :p

Super happy for you man! We do have good taste.

Did you go with the coils? Premium Sound? Those are two things I could have lived without, but the wife/CFO approved the $ so I just got them! What's your delivery date?

I loved the video clip too!

Super happy for you man! We do have good taste.

Did you go with the coils? Premium Sound? Those are two things I could have lived without, but the wife/CFO approved the $ so I just got them! What's your delivery date?

I loved the video clip too!

coils and base sound :) .. End June :) .. Sounds like you got a top of the line. Sweet! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Another DCer!

P.S. The wait sucks.

The research sucked more. The constant checking this site etc.
Now that I'm done with this project, I can focus on my real life.
It's just a car after all.

OP are you going with the HPWC or...?

Just a dryer plug! 28 mi/hr is good enough for me. I won't get full use out of HPWC anyway (no dual chargers).
With 85d, and the supercharger network, I think my dependence on non supercharger is going to be very limited.
Also, I usually prefer to fly > 3 hours anyway, can't see me wasting so much time behind a wheel, even on a Tesla (the autopilot is not THAT good) :)

Welcome! I'm new myself, still waiting and getting ready. Our two cars will look pretty similar, since we both picked the same color schemes. (I splurged a bit more for a P85D, and I got the obeche trim. And, I'll be doing dual chargers and HPWC, since my work and lifestyle involves a lot of driving.)

Welcome! I'm new myself, still waiting and getting ready. Our two cars will look pretty similar, since we both picked the same color schemes. (I splurged a bit more for a P85D, and I got the obeche trim. And, I'll be doing dual chargers and HPWC, since my work and lifestyle involves a lot of driving.)

Thanks! :)

I actually edited my order, and changed
- to 70D (more than enough for me)
- Black leather interior and headliner

So my final config is,
.. 70D + Blue + Black leather next gen + Black headliner + Pano + Subzero + Autopilot

- - - Updated - - -

Those 3+ hour drives will soon be something you look forward to!

:) I think it's almost comparable to the joys of owning your very first car.
Before ordering it, I was all riled up if I should or should not .. after ordering, a sense of peace, I will enjoy it, I have worked very hard for it, and its quite well deserved by now.
3+ hour drive, hmm, maybe! Seriously considering a trip to the beach with the girlfriend. I actually lost 10kgs in 6 weeks as a personal fitness goal, and the reward was the MS.
And I wasn't "out of shape" to start with. So 10kgs is a lot. Gotta show those abs somewhere :) ..

Congrats. Can never go wrong with the 85D but if you are sure the 70D meets your range needs its a good price. Enjoy it.

Yep, I am pretty sure!

85d adds 30 miles of range practically speaking. On the east coast, the only stretch where that'll be an issue (supercharger viz) is Charlotte to Atlanta.
In the last 10 years, I have driven that route, zero times. And if I do need to, there is always J1772 or Chademo or RV parks.
And the supercharger network will only get better with time.

As far as acceleration, 70D is more than what I will ever use.

Plus insurance is cheaper on 70D, and well 10K never hurt anyone. I need some work done around the house anyway.